IKEA Brings Back the Cabinet TV

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Our "Mad Men" nostalgia for the aesthetics of the 60s is now reaching out to living-room entertainment systems. The floor-model, cabinet TV is making a comeback at IKEA as the Swedish furniture company brings its unique design and funny names to consumer electronics. Soon you’ll find budget home theater gear packed cleverly inside IKEA’s living-room furniture – after some assembly of course. Think of it as a Home Theater in a Box (HTiB) system packed inside IKEA living-room pieces. Dubbed Uppleva, the line of gadget-furniture has an LED TV as its centerpiece and includes a wireless 2.1 speaker system, internet connectivity and Blu-ray compatibility but the real value offered by IKEA – no unsightly wires. It’s budget home theater with the ultimate in spousal approval factor.

Discuss "IKEA Brings Back the Cabinet TV" here. Read the article.

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
I saw the press release on this and thought it was a prank of sorts. I guess there will be a select audience for this thing but fail to see the mass apeal. I guess it will come down to actual performance - something us here at Audioholics at least care about.

Then again we are probably more of a select audience than what Ikea even hopes to cater to.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Conan O'Brien imagines piecing together an Ikea Uppleva TV

Last edited by a moderator:
agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Crap! I just created a duplicate thread in Steam Vent. Admins please fell free to merge or delete as appropriate.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis