Spotify Launches Play Button

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Spotify introduced a new 'Play Button' today that gives users the ability to play any song, album or playlist in Spotify through a website. The Play Button makes all of this possible instantly and, more importantly, legally. How? We have no earthly idea. The new Spotify Play Button works without distracting banners and pop ups - and Spotify claims there will be no "legal takedowns". They claim the button will provide every Spotify user with access to millions of songs - all available in top quality audio. To bring this to light, Spotify teamed up with Tumblr, The Huffington Post, ELLE , Entertainment Weekly, PEOPLE, Time Out Group (New York City, Paris, London), Rolling Stone, Mashable, FanBridge, ShareMyPlaylists.com, FanRx, Popdust, The Independent, the Guardian, NME, Wonderwall, The Fader, Pitchfork, Noisey.com, Chegg and SPIN.com. That's quite a list.

Discuss "Spotify Launches Play Button" here. Read the article.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Wow, now you have a chance to listen to all this music in absolute crap quality, compressed so much, it may even remind you about music sometimes...

Will there be a 'STOP' button too? :p

M

missionp

Audiophyte
For some reason, start button is not working for me.
Any idea why?

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
It seems to require subscription (which I already have a premium/no commercials). Maybe if you press play it works just like the free version (occasional advert) or if you have premium it just plays? Because, really your not gaining access to anything you don't already have access to on Spotify, they are just making it easier to share. So, therefore, if your subscribing or signed up it's already paid for.

Maybe that's how it works?

At any rate, I recommend Spotify highly. I listen on my home computer, at work, on the way to work ('listen offline' over bluetooth), and on the airplane
('listen offline' through headphones).

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Wow, now you have a chance to listen to all this music in absolute crap quality, compressed so much, it may even remind you about music sometimes...

Will there be a 'STOP' button too? :p
I suppose now I will be looking for the mute button on just about every website I visit from now on!

I

ItsaPandemic

Audiophyte
Spotify doesn't work for me, never figured out why.

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
I tried spotify, but couldn't figure it out. Seems it only played my music, so what was the point? I already have players.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis