Onkyo 2012 Budget Receiver Line Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
There is very little that we find more interesting than new budget receiver offerings. Onkyo has made a name for themselves over the last few years for offering the highest feature to dollar ratio. So when they announce that they are updating their budget offerings, we can't help but perk up. While Onkyo has placed their WRAT amplifier typology throughout this entry-level line and have tried to incorporate as many streaming and convenience features as they can at all price points, they don't have any room correction for any offering under $500. While we think users of all but the bare bones TX-SR313 will appreciate Silicon Image's InstaPrevue feature, mostly would be more impressed with a room correction system than a better amplifier typology. We'll have to see how the public receives the new Onkyo 2012 line to know for sure.

Discuss "Onkyo 2012 Budget Receiver Line Preview" here. Read the article.

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
What about reliability after the purchase?
I was thinking that too.I hope Onkyo has sorted out the HDMI parts that had a high failure rate on the mid level ($1000.00 to $1,399.00) AVR. I read they moved the factory from japan??

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
I read they moved the factory from japan??

They have 2 factories in Malaysia, 1 they just recently purchased from Sharp...
No more production in Osaka, Japan.

Just my $0.02... ;)

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
My only complaints are they need a better version of Audyssey in the lower models like Denon includes instead of including some useless features and I wish they would sell the silver version in the US.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My only complaints are they need a better version of Audyssey in the lower models like Denon includes instead of including some useless features and I wish they would sell the silver version in the US.
Yikes!! :eek: Where have you been hiding? :)

A

abc4me

Audiophyte
I have owned a Onkyo receiver for 2 1/2 years. Six months after the warranty expired the receiver died. Probably won't buy another Onkyo, but may be a Denon.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I have owned a Onkyo receiver for 2 1/2 years. Six months after the warranty expired the receiver died. Probably won't buy another Onkyo, but may be a Denon.
My Hk may have bad software, but it still runs.

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
Denon or Yamaha are both Great AVR. I want the Denon 4311... when my HD Yamah quits it will be my next AVR. My Onkyo HD AVR had bad luck too.

M

mychaelp

Enthusiast
The 414 model is just about what the average consumer may need. Networking included! The 515 with the extra channels is nice but I went for the 414 as the family won't like the added speakers in the living room. Here AV Receiver Guide - Home Theater the comparison with Denon and Yamaha show it fits well. Yes I read they had some hdmi issues, but so far so good with mine. For the price, it's hard to beat it. I loved the easy set up with the microphone included. The priority to share inputs is nice as well. I use my old Roku for Pandora and use the same input just set it as priority 2 as my bluray. nice and easy. My old receiver was a Sony from 1995, but the sub-out died. Cost was $699 at the time, amazing what you can get now for under half that!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis