LG 1mm Thin Cinema Screen Television Bezels

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
LG Electronics is touting its new Cinema Screen design at the 2012 CES and it is, in a word: fabulous. I don't think I've ever used that word in a sentence before, but I don't know how else to describe a 1mm thin bezel that truly gives a flat panel LED backlit TV the appearance of a true edge-to-edge display. This is something really new and it's got people all riled up and really interested. What's really exciting is that several of LG's high end 2012 Cinema Screen Smart TV models are going to look like this. In fact, so far there are three models that include the 1mm thin bezel, but more are certain to come. All of these TVs are 3D and the company has also released new Cinema 3D glasses for 2012. There are three models and they are 20 percent lighter than previous Iterations. Now if only they could "lighten" the obligatory 3D headaches...

Discuss "LG 1mm Thin Cinema Screen Television Bezels" here. Read the article.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
I think this is a great idea, and generally more important than the TV being extra thin. With such a small edge to the TV, people will be able to fit larger screens in smaller spaces. And given that so many people are using TVs that are too small for how far they sit from them, this can matter a great deal.

3M 3TI8

3M 3TI8

Audiophyte
Its only 1mm on three sides. The bottom is still large, which looks okay on the pedestal, but not wallmounted.
LG likes big bottoms (remember the Scarlet?):D

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Its only 1mm on three sides. The bottom is still large, which looks okay on the pedestal, but not wallmounted.
LG likes big bottoms (remember the Scarlet?):D
Even so, it will help people fit a larger screen in a smaller space. Usually, it is the width that is the problem, not the height. Also, the bottom might be the place where they put the speakers, which would be difficult to put in a 1mm wide place.

In my case, I do not care if there are any built-in speakers at all, as I would not be using them. But many people do use the speakers built into their TVs, as they do not care about sound quality.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis