Pass Labs Xs-300 and Xs-150 Amplifiers Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Pass Labs busted out their new Xs-300 and Xs–150 Amplifiers at the Venetian to tickle the ears of audiophiles and amateurs alike. These are actually just the first entries in what is slated to be a new generation of Xs Series amplifiers. CES is a great place to do this as it affords, in the Venetian at least, a great place to sit and listen and take in the full experience of what a $65,000 or $85,000 amplifier can, hopefully, do. Made out of billet gold and platinum... just kidding... The new Pass Labs amplifiers are designed to measure well objectively. But they are also designed to perform subjectively as well as they measure. Pass Labs claims their new enhancements further narrow the gap between what scientific measurements report about amplifier performance and what the human ear subjectively hears. That's pretty cool - and for the asking price we'd expect nothing less.

Discuss "Pass Labs Xs-300 and Xs–150 Amplifiers Preview" here. Read the article.

ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
i'm one of the most anti-snake oil, audiophile bs guys there is. and the pass stuff is outrageously expensive. but i do think that someday one of those amps will be sitting on my living room floor (used of course). nelson pass is one of the few guys in this industry that actually seems to justify the "genius" tag placed on him. his stuff is super well made, beautiful, and he refuses to compromise in what he wants to put out (class A? really? the most "non-green" amp i can think of). and he still routinely puts out his circuit diagrams for the DIY crowd so you can build your own pass amp if you like. pretty damn cool.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
All I can say is R------------I--------------G------------------H------------------T.:D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Yeah. I think the Pass Labs X250 is a hot amp. The face plate alone makes it sound good.
Boy, so, you don't even have to plug it in. ;):D Just think of the savings on the electric bill each month.:D

Discuss "Pass Labs Xs-300 and Xs–150 Amplifiers Preview" here. Read the article.
Sell your car? What do you drive?;)
Where would one get the difference for a pair?;) I guess we may have to sell our homes but then, where do you listen to it, in the homeless shelter? ;):D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis