Transformative Engineering HDS-12 & HDS-14 HDMI Conditioner/Splitter Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
In the world of home theater equipment, baluns, splitters, and extenders are the vanilla ice cream cone that was dropped in the dirt that only the weird kid will pick up and eat. Sexy or no, the Transformative Engineering HDS-12 and HDS-14 HDMI splitters and signal conditioners look to become a staple in the tool box of the custom installer. Promising to clean up HDCP handshake issues over long HDMI runs while, at the same time, providing splitting duties, the only thing we're really waiting on is a price. If they are comparable to traditional splitters (or even in the ballpark), no sane custom installer would leave the house without one.

Discuss "Transformative Engineering HDS-12 & HDS-14 HDMI Conditioner/Splitter Preview" here. Read the article.

cwall99

cwall99

Full Audioholic
I suppose if I were a member of that special niche market, I too, might find myself thinking, "Coooool."

As it stands, and as geeky as I am, I find myself awed by your mega-geekiness, Tom.

As someone who isn't an installer, I find myself thinking, "OK, Tom says it's cool, and I respect his opinion, but, for the life of me, I can't figure out how I might used something like this."

I suppose if I could afford to install a projector in my system for some serious movie watching (along with a sonically transparent screen that drops from the ceiling in front of my rack, front speakers, and plasma display), I could get it. That'd let you use your flat panel display for your daily watching, and a projector for, as I said, movie night.

Sigghhhhh.... Wish I could exercise my inner geek more frequently. But I have challenges enough getting my new Logitech remote to work seamlessly with my system. I suppose that's what I get for buying the cheapest one they make.

jinjuku

jinjuku

What is funny is that Congress, while not engineers, could solve all this with a few simple repeals.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis