WiSA - Wireless Speaker and Audio Association

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Wireless speakers aren't typically thought of as high-quality, high-end solutions for home theater and listening spaces. However, what if that thinking were changed - as well as the reality of what could be achieved with wireless technology? WiSA, the Wireless Speaker and Audio Association, is aiming to change all of that. We were able to speak with Jim Venable, President of WiSA LLC, who tells us that the new standard is aiming to truly change the way we think about wireless audio in the consumer and commercial space. But possibly the greater reason we're excited is because the group contains some heavy hitters that makes this more likely to be a true standard - one that goes further than just a "neat idea". Included as Advisory Board Members are such companies as Klipsch, Aperion Audio, Pioneer, Sharp, Polk Audio, Silicon Image, Summit Wireless, and others. That's a solid group that isn't going to be casual about this new specification and the products which result from it.

Discuss "WiSA - Wireless Speaker and Audio Association" here. Read the article.

gliz

gliz

Full Audioholic
Wireless this, wireless that. I don’t have a problem string cable wireless is just one more layer of unnecessary complication. I don’t use it unless I am forced to.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
On the other hand, I think that wireless is awesome. It doesn't have to be used, but when it can be, it opens up possibilities.

Mid-way through college, being bound by a cord in order to talk to someone over a phone was just the way that life was. Now, I can talk hands-free to folks as I drive down the road. Sure, the electronics are more complicated, but my life is more simple. :)

Personally, I can't wait for speakerless audio (well, non-mechanical speakers).

flamingeye

flamingeye

Junior Audioholic
It suer would be nice to have wireless headphones that actually worked

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I'd like to see wireless electric in this too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis