Microsoft Goes All-in with Kinect on New Xbox 360 Interface

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Well, I guess Microsoft is serious about Kinect. According to an Associated Press report today, the company is rolling out its newest Xbox 360 interface tomorrow (Tuesday) which will completely integrate the motion-sensing system for navigating music, movies, TV shows and games. Actions will be enabled so that you can simply wave your hand or speak commands in order to navigate the system. While what we've seen is very impressive, we can only hope that the reality of the system yields the "coolness" factor of the hype. Microsoft can be really innovating something new that will bring in the era of voice and motion-control, or it could be jumping the gun on Apple's (or more specifically, Steve Jobs') revelation that it had "cracked the television". You see, Microsoft is absolutely at the forefront of motion-sensing technology, but will it be successful and pull off a new way of browsing its game console - let alone sparking a new way or platform for browsing television and movie content more efficiently?

Discuss "Microsoft Goes All-in with Kinect on New Xbox 360 Interface" here. Read the article.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Figures...I just decided to buy the PS3 Move system yesterday. :( :D

Kinect has a lot of potential. I haven't jumped in, yet, but I'm partly waiting for the second generation to hit.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Figures...I just decided to buy the PS3 Move system yesterday. :( :D

Kinect has a lot of potential. I haven't jumped in, yet, but I'm partly waiting for the second generation to hit.
I've been thinking a lot about getting a gaming system lately. And, since I've never been a gamer before, I had to do a lot a of research into what would be most suitable for my family's use, AKA "me". ;) I think it really depends on the type of gaming you want to do. For someone who is into shooter games, or any others that require precision, then the Move system is the way to go.

For fitness or dance:rolleyes: games, the Kinect system might be the better bet. Hope that makes you feel better about getting the Move system.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
For fitness or dance:rolleyes: games, the Kinect system might be the better bet. Hope that makes you feel better about getting the Move system.
How would that make me feel better? You know that I'm all about the fitness and the dance! :(

:D Thanks for that info. From what I read, it seems like the Kinect is better in that it requires no controller, but the Move is better in that it has more consistent tracking of gestures. For me, the Move won because I already have a PS3. :)

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
How would that make me feel better? You know that I'm all about the fitness and the dance! :(

:D Thanks for that info. From what I read, it seems like the Kinect is better in that it requires no controller, but the Move is better in that it has more consistent tracking of gestures. For me, the Move won because I already have a PS3. :)
I was actually trying to come up with a suitable zinger along those lines. But, I hadn't finished my morning coffee, so my brain wasn't fully awake. :eek:

When the "Twister for Kinect" game comes out, you will know you went with the wrong system.

How was that?:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
When the "Twister for Kinect" game comes out, you will know you went with the wrong system.

How was that?:D
LOL! :D Twister was one of the first things that I thought about when I was getting ready to post above. Shocking, I know. :)

I just figured that I could still play Twister on the Move - I'd just need a third controller to do it AH style.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
LOL! :D Twister was one of the first things that I thought about when I was getting ready to post above. Shocking, I know. :)

I just figured that I could still play Twister on the Move - I'd just need a third controller to do it AH style.
And, the cylindrical shape of the controller with the little ball on top is just a bonus!:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis