Extreme Makeover: Audioholics Store Edition!

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The guys at the Audioholics Store have completely redesigned the storefront to take them into the 21st century with a bang. Recent upgrades include not only a complete aesthetic redesign, but a fundamental reworking of the entire infrastructure so that customers can have an easier, and more flexible shopping experience. This new system ties in better with inventory, for real-time data on both warehouse and manufacturer/distributor inventories. It also lets you research and build custom systems that you can store for later purchase.

Discuss "Extreme Makeover: Audioholics Store Edition!" here. Read the article.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
I have mixed feelings. On one hand, every one of those cables sold will be one less pop-up I have to endure. On the other hand, someone new to the site may misinterpret the intentions of the Mods. That said, from this article, Audioholics-branded Storefront – Breaking the Rules , on the subject of Audioholics Website/Forum vs Store, Clint said,
the Audioholics-branded Storefront would only work if it was nothing more than a branded affiliate marketing site, where we made money on products sold but, like Cnet or any other larger online magazine or website who deals with affiliates, we had nothing to do with its actual operation.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Philosopy aside, that store bears the name and logo of Audioholics, so it's difficult to convince people that the owners of this site have nothing to do with it. That store relies on this site's reputation to sell goods, and this site relies on that store for income. Granted, Gene and others have the legitimate choice to turn a blind eye to how the store owners run the store, but I'll waiger that the average consumer isn't going to know that or care (or if they care, it doesn't actually make them like this site better). When the store claims that cables like the ones linked above will significantly improve system performance, whereas this site will say that they won't, there's an apparent disconnect that I think will (or perhaps has) affected the credibility of this site.

I suggest considering having some influence over the wording in the store's product descriptions in alignment with "pursuing the truth in audio and video." Those cables have good selling points - they are terminated, they are hand made, and they are made in the USA. Value is determined by the consumer, so the price is irrelevant to me, but they should buy them based on an honest description. I don't believe that they will provide "a huge bottom to top performance upgrade like you never thought possible from a cable."

This site was started with a vision in mind that I respect a lot, and I hope that it doesn't get tainted (if only in perception) in order to improve the bottom line. In the end, though, it doesn't affect my view of the site - I just wanted to put out some thoughts for consideration. I come here for the community of great people on this forum, and I like to help out when I can. Others, though, come here looking for help, just like I first did back in 2006.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
New design looks really good, however the site seems much to work slower...
The site is like riding a slow train.
However, you do get a 5 cent price break, on this speaker - Yamaha
http://store.audioholics.com/speakers/bookshelf-speakers/yamaha-ns-6490-3-way-bookshelf-speakers-pair.html

And just imagine what the JPS cables will do - so they say (JPS)

"Particularly well suited for the latest Blu-ray HD audio formats- these cables will place your ears within the scene in more seated positions in your room, like everyone is wearing headphones!"

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Philosopy aside, that store bears the name and logo of Audioholics, so it's difficult to convince people that the owners of this site have nothing to do with it. That store relies on this site's reputation to sell goods, and this site relies on that store for income. Granted, Gene and others have the legitimate choice to turn a blind eye to how the store owners run the store, but I'll waiger that the average consumer isn't going to know that or care (or if they care, it doesn't actually make them like this site better). When the store claims that cables like the ones linked above will significantly improve system performance, whereas this site will say that they won't, there's an apparent disconnect that I think will (or perhaps has) affected the credibility of this site.

I suggest considering having some influence over the wording in the store's product descriptions in alignment with "pursuing the truth in audio and video." Those cables have good selling points - they are terminated, they are hand made, and they are made in the USA. Value is determined by the consumer, so the price is irrelevant to me, but they should buy them based on an honest description. I don't believe that they will provide "a huge bottom to top performance upgrade like you never thought possible from a cable."

This site was started with a vision in mind that I respect a lot, and I hope that it doesn't get tainted (if only in perception) in order to improve the bottom line. In the end, though, it doesn't affect my view of the site - I just wanted to put out some thoughts for consideration. I come here for the community of great people on this forum, and I like to help out when I can. Others, though, come here looking for help, just like I first did back in 2006.
You make great points. I seriously doubt a single one of those cables have even been sold on the E-store. I will ask the E-store admins to either remove those products or make it more clear that its JPS opinion and not something we endorse. The E-store is simply copying and pasting product descriptions from manufacturers like every other E-store is doing (IE. Cutchfield, OneCall, etc), but since the Audioholics E-store carries our name, we should hold it to a higher standard. Thanks for pointing that out.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

"...- these cables will place your ears within the scene in more seated positions in your room, like everyone is wearing headphones!"
Yep, that is a very interesting magic trick;):D Maybe James Randi can chime in how it is done :D:D:D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Well there are some very nice products here

Although...... I found it strange to look at the tech spechs of the Marantz NA 7004 Network player.....
Obviously some things have slipped through your QA rotines here :eek:

Last edited:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan

Very very good points Adam, there's a lot of credibility at stake here......

D

davidc

Audiophyte
Audioholics Store not usable

I've tried several times over the last few days to use the site. It's slow to the point where I can't use it. I've had to use Task Manager to kill the browser window since it would freeze when I tried to sort or limit my selection.

David

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I've tried several times over the last few days to use the site. It's slow to the point where I can't use it. I've had to use Task Manager to kill the browser window since it would freeze when I tried to sort or limit my selection.

David
It works just fine for me, just a little slower than I'd like. I'm using Firefox 8. Which browser are you using? Have you tried others?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis