Spotify Drops into Boxee Box by D-Link

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
If you haven't yet experienced Spotify, well, you really have to re-evaluate your commitment to music. Spotify is an incredibly on-demand streaming music service that is sweeping the nation, after having swept a lot of international consumers over the past few years. Spotify is incredibly cool, but it keeps getting better. It's taking on such software as Rhapsody and Pandora and honestly, while it's a different animal altogether, it's very compelling. Instead of being a relational, synthetic, adaptive Internet radio, Spotify grants you access to exactly the music you want, when you want it. Today, Spotify announced that the Boxee Box by D-Link is now making Spotify available on it's platform. Delivering playlists and enabling consumers to discover new tracks and artists from your TV, Spotify provides access to over 15 million tracks. With a premium Spotify account, Boxee Box users can now do even more:.

Discuss "Spotify Drops into Boxee Box by D-Link" here. Read the article.

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
If you haven't yet experienced Spotify, well, you really have to re-evaluate your commitment to music. Spotify is an incredibly on-demand streaming music service that is sweeping the nation, after having swept a lot of international consumers over the past few years. Spotify is incredibly cool, but it keeps getting better. It's taking on such software as Rhapsody and Pandora and honestly, while it's a different animal altogether, it's very compelling. Instead of being a relational, synthetic, adaptive Internet radio, Spotify grants you access to exactly the music you want, when you want it. Today, Spotify announced that the Boxee Box by D-Link is now making Spotify available on it's platform. Delivering playlists and enabling consumers to discover new tracks and artists from your TV, Spotify provides access to over 15 million tracks. With a premium Spotify account, Boxee Box users can now do even more:.

Discuss "Spotify Drops into Boxee Box by D-Link" here. Read the article.
I have a Spotify Premium account and i'm addicted. Find just about anything I want, make playlists, then listen to them online or offline... Go to any computer and my playlists are updated. It's awesome. Also it streams at 320 if high speed is selected. :)

Don't mess with the free version beyond just checking out the interface. The advertising will turn you off.

It's cool to see it start to integrate ... but, I bought a Boxee and returned it. Found it cumbersome and kinda..well...stupid;

Love it on my iPhone. Listen to music and then when I call comes in it dims the audio and I press the headphones to answer. After the call is over the music comes back on. :) The playlists I have set to Offline play even in the car :)

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
I have a Spotify Premium account and i'm addicted. Find just about anything I want, make playlists, then listen to them online or offline... Go to any computer and my playlists are updated. It's awesome. Also it streams at 320 if high speed is selected. :)

Don't mess with the free version beyond just checking out the interface. The advertising will turn you off.

It's cool to see it start to integrate ... but, I bought a Boxee and returned it. Found it cumbersome and kinda..well...stupid;

Love it on my iPhone. Listen to music and then when I call comes in it dims the audio and I press the headphones to answer. After the call is over the music comes back on. :) The playlists I have set to Offline play even in the car :)
So sound quality is pretty good with premium? It's awful with the free version :(

I'm not sure if I want to spend $10 a month if I don't get to keep any of the songs (like zune pass). Part of me would rather spend the $10 on a cd every month.

C

corey

Senior Audioholic
If you haven't yet experienced Spotify, well, you really have to re-evaluate your commitment to music.
I have no need to re-evaluate my commitment to music, nor to on-line privacy. Until Spotify drops it's Facebook requirement it will stay on my avoid list.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm perfectly happy with Pandora - I don't need to manually waste time on selecting music - pandora has pretty good engine able to guess my preferences based on very little input

p.s.: Anesidora plugin for google chrome makes Pandora even better ;)

J

JustaSheep

Audiophyte
I have no need to re-evaluate my commitment to music, nor to **Link Removed do to noob status**. Until Spotify drops it's Facebook requirement it will stay on my avoid list.
I'm confused. What is the "Facebook requirement"? I use spotify premium (and really like it), but do not have a facebook account.

S

swspiers

Audioholic
Count me as one of the addicted also. I think i spent an hour with my wife the first night I got it thinking up of odd and esoteric artists like Thin White Rope and Greg Brown and instantly having access to their stuff.

I doubt I could reliably tell the difference between a Spotify stream and the original CD.

As far as Facebook goes, I just click on 'Private Listening' and I'm not on FB.

Of course, YMMV

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis