Sony Tablets S and P Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Can Sony take on Apple's iPad? The company today announced pre-sale of two new Sony Tablet devices (incidentally, Sony trademarked the "Tablet" name, which just goes to show how much the patent and trademark offices need to be utterly reformed). The new tablets will ship with the Android 3.2 "Honeycomb" OS and have some very unique styling that aims to improve on ergonomics and the way people utilize touchscreen devices. The Sony Tablet S looks like a notebook with its cover folded back on itself, and its 9.4" multi-touch display seems to directly take on the iPad. The Tablet S uses the brand new NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor, which is designed specifically for mobile applications. Weighing around 1.3 lbs., the Tablet S should be very portable and we really like the styling to be honest. Sony is hoping that its new Tablet tablets (they deserve that, after all they named it!) will be recognized for having optimally designed hardware and software, excellent touchscreen response, solid network entertainment features and the ability to work well with other devices like PCs, smart phones and even Sony televisions.

Discuss "Sony Tablets S and P Preview" here. Read the article.

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
What's in a name?

"Tablet tablets" - love it! Thank goodness that Sony trademarked that. Because with all of these new fan-dangled devices I was getting confused if they were medicine or computers. I guess Tylenol, Advil and other popular medicines will now have to be available in hard coated oblong shaped pills - unless they rename them to "Tabs". Oh wait......then someone may complain about a mix up with "Totally Artificial Beverages".

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Eh, whatever. I want an iPad. "It's 3G...and has the WiFis." :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis