Pioneer Elite VSX-53 3D-Ready Receiver Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
There is a ton to like about the Pioneer VSX-53. THX, Apple AirPlay, tons of networking features, App control, 7.2 channels (specs say 7.1 but we see 2 subwoofer outputs on the back), Marvell QDEO scaling, three zones (Zone 2 with video), native iDevice and Android support... the list goes on. Add 110 watts per channel, seven HDMI 1.4a inputs and 2 outputs, Advanced MCACC calibration, and a PC assisted walk through of setting up your new receiver, and we like what we see. The question will be, how does it hold up to the competition?

Discuss "Pioneer Elite VSX-53 3D-Ready Receiver Preview" here. Read the article.

L

love2drive335

Audiophyte
When is this receiver expected to be available?

B

b_pustai

Audiophyte
pioneer elite vsx 53

all my stuff is hdmi 1.3a will they work. can this unit bi amp, and how does one receiver hook up to the other receiver,I know how the speakers hook up but not the receivers. I need help. your friend butch.

B

b_pustai

Audiophyte
Pioneer Elite VSX 53

:)
all my stuff is hdmi 1.3a will they work. can this unit bi amp, and how does one receiver hook up to the other receiver,I know how the speakers hook up but not the receivers. I need help. your friend butch. Would the Pioneer SC 55 be a much better unit for bi amping. Can both units up scale the video from the pc to 1080p .

W

Whetzell

Audiophyte
Pioneer Elite VSX-52

After many hours of trying various high end recievers, I finally chose, Pioneer Elite VSX-52. Most bang for your buck. I also liked Marantz, and Arcam, but they're twice the price. It has enough power, and an amp that will drive my Martin Logan ESL speakers, REL T2 subwoofer, and Energy V5.1 monitor speakers. I'll add a V5.2C center channel, and be done. I have a Pioneer Elite 50 inch TV now, but I'll probably get a Samsung OLED if they work better than a plasma? Also, I'll replace my Pioneer Elite BDP-41FD, with an Oppo 93, blu-ray player. Anyway, the 52 with the Cox Cable, Cisco DVR, makes a wonderful audio/video home theatre experience.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis