KEF Ci Series In-Ceiling Speakers Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
One category of speakers that is often overlooked is ceiling mounted speakers for whole house audio applications. Integrating audio into both new construction as well as existing homes has become common, and for this article we will take a look at KEF's custom installation Ci Series in-ceiling speakers. Our project home consists of a dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, great room, dining room, master bedroom, master bathroom and back porch. After a few discussions with one of KEF's product line reps, we decided on several different models for each room or "zone" of the house. The home we installed the speakers in had very easy access to the attic above each room, making installation a pretty straightforward process for this project. The back porch does not have ceiling access, so we opted for a pair of bracket-mounted Ventura 6 weatherproof speakers.

Discuss "KEF Ci Series In-Ceiling Speakers Review" here. Read the article.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I would love to have either KEF or Revel In-Ceiling speakers in my next home.:D

Last edited:
A

acacia987

Junior Audioholic
Did you use an external amplifier (in addition to the Sonos)? Any use of separate Impedance matching volume controls in the rooms?

birdonthebeach

birdonthebeach

Full Audioholic
Did you use an external amplifier (in addition to the Sonos)? Any use of separate Impedance matching volume controls in the rooms?
I used a Yamaha M-35 amp in the great room paired with a Sonos ZP90 pre-amp. In the other rooms I used the Sonos ZP120's with built in digital amps.

All of the volume controls are through the Sonos interface on iPhones or Macs, so no, there are no impedance matching volume controls on the walls.

R

RalphK

Audiophyte
I have 4 new in the box never used KEF custom CR200 F in wall speakers. I got them at an estate sale. Are they worth cutting holes in my walls?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis