Onkyo TX-NR1009 THX Select2 Plus Networking Home Theater Receiver First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
DTS Neo:X technology - The industry’s first 2.0/5.1/6.1/7.1-to- 9.1/11.1 conversion technology within a single algorithm. Is it enough to get you to buy the Onkyo TX-NR1009? Because aside from two additional channels of amplification (and maybe a bell or whistle or two), it's what the TX-NR1009 has over the $1100 TX-NR809. Consumers will have to take a close look at the TX-NR1009 to see if the slight upgrades are worth the $200 price increase.

Discuss "Onkyo TX-NR1009 THX Select2 Plus Networking Home Theater Receiver First Look" here. Read the article.

dalumberjack

dalumberjack

Audioholic
its all about the 500x series. I have a 5007 and it never disappoints...... so far :)

C

CaW

Enthusiast
I have been an Onkyo guy for the last 4 years. First it was the 805, then the 1007 because I got a great deal and now a 3008 because of the weekend Newegg sale.

Have to say that XT32 is a definite step up. I only run in 7.1 with no intention of going for more. I don't understand the hype over all these receivers with height/width channels. The reason the original DD and dts home version were breakthroughs was because we finally had true discrete surround sound. All these new things do is the fake surround we tried to escape from years ago. Sure they do it better since its all done digitally on high powered DSPs, but it's still fake surround. There is nothing in today's movie surround tracks for the home that indicate if a sound is supposed to come from the height channel.

When they have a true discrete version then I might be interested.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis