JBL Synthesis Sports-Themed Theater

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Say you're an avid sports fan and you want the biggest and loudest theater possible. Check. Home system design and installation company Audio Video Interiors (AVI) of Middleburg Heights, Ohio, will tune up a rockin' JBL Synthesis speaker system that will make you feel every bone-crunching gridiron hit. Say you want the best HD video possible, with superwide CinemaScope capability and the ability to produce an image that will pop even when the room lights are on? Check. AVI will mount Digital Projection's monster Titan Reference 1080p projector with an anamorphic lens to produce those superwide pictures. On the other end of the room will be a 14-foot-wide Stewart Filmscreen CineCurve display to show those CinemaScope movies in all their glory. Say you want a multi-screen theater, but don't want to compromise on the size of a big screen...

Discuss "JBL Synthesis Sports-Themed Theater" here. Read the article.

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
nice. but i fail too see any sports theme.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I will say that I like this theater a lot more than the last one with the balcony. I mean, I liked the look of that last one a lot, but it misses out on being a theater and won on being expensive.

This one is all about doing a solid theater! Definitely like that.

The 'sports' theme is obviously not about the room itself which seems to be kind of art deco style. Maybe not your thing, but I like the layers and the use of directional lighting, good acoustical control, and indirect lighting throughout the space.

JBL Synthesis is also a pretty reference level setup without a stupid amount of cash outlay. I mean, it's a lot of money, but not mentally insane money... for some.

The DVPHD is, on the other hand, ridiculously expensive. Like MSRP of about $17,000!!! Yeah, you may want to read that line again.

Still, if that's what floats your boat, it's cool, and allows for up to 4 simultaneous broadcasts to be shown at once.

The 'upper left' thing... I don't know if I love that. I probably would have let them just choose which window to listen to on the fly.

Anyway, that's me being a rentitive Crestron programmer. ;)

I like that room, and perhaps the only change I would make may not even be a change, but it is hard to tell from the photos...

I would like to have had the rows of seating curved in a bit towards screen center and there appears to be NO seating dead center of the seats, which means no true 'center' seat for the room.

The use of a 14' wide curved Stewart scope screen with Digital Projection HD projector and motorized anamorphic sled is all top shelf for both quality and performance. Great choices!

I'm happy with what I'm seeing in this one. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis