Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I was afraid to click thinking it would be Klipsch that bought them.:eek:

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Klipsch not likely ...Audiovox OTOH maybe...lol.:D

I'd still be a wee bit concerned...coming form the Energy camp, change is not always for the better IMHO.

S

Sputter

Junior Audioholic
Audiovox bought out the whole Klipsch umbrella, Mirage, Jamo etc. a while back.
Hopefully they won't milk the brand names but who can say. Anything from Audiovox was discount quality stuff 30 years ago, I have no clue what they build now.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Wonder if I will still get a returning customer discount if I decided to pick something up from them? :)

C

Casey01

Enthusiast
Anchor Bay Technologies recently purchased by Silicon Image, Klipsch(who purchased API just a few years ago)sold to Audiovox, now this acquisition, so the beat goes on. In recent years, consolidation in the consumer electronics industry has been pretty much the rule and not the exception.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I thought SVS was doing so well?

It seems to me that more people recommend SVS subs than any other companies.

But I think this fact will hurt the sales of SVS.

Perhaps it's just me, but I would not buy anything from a company that is being sold or has been sold.

I just bought 2 Rythmik D15SE subs. If news came out that the company were going under and being sold, I would not have bought the subs, unless they were deeply discounted.:D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
A company doesn't have to be doing poorly to be bought. They weren't exactly a big corporation, and a big enough company certainly could make an offer to buy a company like them. A larger company buying a smaller one with a great product isn't anything new.

If the parent company leaves them alone to do their thing and just gives them support to do it well, then it is a GOOD thing :)

D

DangeRuss

Audiophyte
A company doesn't have to be doing poorly to be bought. They weren't exactly a big corporation, and a big enough company certainly could make an offer to buy a company like them. A larger company buying a smaller one with a great product isn't anything new.

If the parent company leaves them alone to do their thing and just gives them support to do it well, then it is a GOOD thing :)
That is rarely if ever the case though ......... And it's a shame. This is the DEATH SENTENCE for so many companies :eek:

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
That is rarely if ever the case though ......... And it's a shame. This is the DEATH SENTENCE for so many companies :eek:
threadsurrection!
-0-0-

well, it's been more than a year already.

all items are reasonably in stock, and new products are being churned out faster than before.

i'd say this was a good thing.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I thought SVS was doing so well?

It seems to me that more people recommend SVS subs than any other companies.

But I think this fact will hurt the sales of SVS.

Perhaps it's just me, but I would not buy anything from a company that is being sold or has been sold.

I just bought 2 Rythmik D15SE subs. If news came out that the company were going under and being sold, I would not have bought the subs, unless they were deeply discounted.:D
Yeah, doing well for a small company puts you on the radar of large companies. Now, the large company says "we can have that piece of the pie too", so goes out to purchase that piece of the pie. No good businessman wants to buy a company on the way down (otherwise we would be reading this about eD instead of SVS :eek:)

It will probably hurt sales for a while, until we see what direction the new ownership takes SVS. If you were thinking of buying SVS, then now would probably be the time, just in case quality of the product goes down the drain. Of course, we don't know where customer support is headed yet.

ADTG:
"Perhaps it's just me, but I would not buy anything from a company that is being sold or has been sold."
Really, take a minute to reflect on that statement and look around your home. I'm certain that you have items that came from a company that is being sold or has been sold (if not on your Hi-Fi equip, then somewhere else). Possibly, the selling of the company didn't even hit your radar. It is just the modern-day reality of doing business.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
threadsurrection!
-0-0-

well, it's been more than a year already.

all items are reasonably in stock, and new products are being churned out faster than before.

i'd say this was a good thing.
D'oh. I didn't even look at the dates. Well, that makes me feel better, as I was considering the SVS equip. As you said, seems to be a good thing.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
D'oh. I didn't even look at the dates. Well, that makes me feel better, as I was considering the SVS equip. As you said, seems to be a good thing.
One of the principals of SVS, Tom V and another has started another sub company and already been talked about it here.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis