Check Out the World's Largest HD Video Display at Charlotte Motor Speedway!

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Last week Panasonic debuted its latest "we're bigger than you are" device: a 200 foot-wide, 80 foot-tall HD video board that is positioned at Charlotte Motor Speedway. To the glee of gaming nerds everywhere, the ginormous display was broken in by Dale Earnhardt, Jr - but not in the way you'd think. Instead of filming him in his car, the professional NASCAR driver drove around the track in a simulated car using an iRacing simulation - which was transmitted in all its glory onto the screen for everyone to see. As it turns out, Marcus Smith, the president and general manager of Charlotte Motor Speedway, had invited Earnhardt Jr., who is an avid video gamer, to show off his skills on the giant HD video board. For the system's premier showing, both Smith and Earnhardt Jr. utilized an oversized remote (like those big fake checks you see on contest and awards shows) to turn on the Panasonic display. It's first video? Why, highlights of past racing action at Charlotte Motor Speedway, of course.

Discuss "Check Out the World's Largest HD Video Display at Charlotte Motor Speedway!" here. Read the article.

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
pretty cool. and i am a DALE JR fan myself.

where are the during race pics ?

Here are some pics... It was funny because they kept the image small during the Friday race, and then on Saturday they finally unleashed the full 200-foot wide image in all of its glory. It took them a while to get the sync correct - lots of underscan in the beginning, and for most of the race there was at least a sliver of an underscan at the right side. At one point a large segment got messed up and it looked like the screen had a blown pixel. They got it fixed, though.

Overall a very nice-looking and impressive screen.

Attachments

Marshall_Guthrie

Marshall_Guthrie

Audioholics Videographer Extraordinaire
That moire on the small picture was probably because they were using an S-video cable instead of HDMI.

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

my boss is a nascar FAN -ATIC. he saw the it and thought it to be pretty cool.

i don't watch every race. and sat night is movie night, so i didn't see it.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I should go by and check it out sometime, the track is only about 15 mins. from where I live, I'd love to play video games on it, that would be sweet. I wonder if you can see it from the road.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Had I known Clint was in town, I would have bought him a beer or two.

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

the race is on right now, til about 10pm. but they are not showing much of this display.
i did catch a glimps of it, pretty darned impressive.

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
A little mod to my HTR and I could fit that baby right in.....:rolleyes::D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis