Crestron Embraces Apple iPad Touch Screens

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Crestron Mobile and Crestron Mobile Pro control applications now provide systems designers and developers with effective new abilities that simplify and expand the look of Crestron and Prodigy touchscreen controls on Apple iPads and iPhones. Adding many more features towards the already robust, best selling control application, built-in support for indicators and sliders now allows developers to simply create amazing intuitive finger touch control effects very quickly. Lowering shades within the bed room with a swipe of the finger on an iPad, iPhone or iPod device, or setting and checking room temps from animated graphical indicators is easy. Also, homeowners and facilities managers are now able to view streaming video from video security cameras or from any available video source via a Crestron Network Video Streamer or any MJPEG device, directly on their mobile product. Bigger GUI projects are now able to be loaded directly to the mobile device, permitting more compact control systems to operate full-featured touchscreen layouts. The most recent version from the Crestron Mobile application improves Apple iPads and iPhones to genuinely take part in the Crestron touch panel family. So now, the characteristics of full Crestron and Prodigy touch sections can be found in a mobile format.

Discuss "Crestron Embraces Apple iPad Touch Screens" here. Read the article.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Interestingly, I have a iPad that I am programming this month into a Crestron control system. Not sure I have 100+ hours to develop a perfect GUI for it from scratch, but the client will gain control of their 8 zone system in their home and get all the added benefits of the iPad on top of the Crestron interface.

Instead of a $2,000+ Crestron touchpanel, they do it with the iPad and a $100 application from Crestron. Still, pricey for the Apple store, but cheap in the world of Crestron.

Oh, and don't forget the dock to match!

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I guess I'm behind the times. From what I gather, this system is designed to work through 3G and Wifi networks. Can you control everything via network? What about components that only have IR for remote functions?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I guess I'm behind the times. From what I gather, this system is designed to work through 3G and Wifi networks. Can you control everything via network? What about components that only have IR for remote functions?
The iPad/iPhone talks via wifi to a base unit receiver which has control capability with relays, IR emitters, serial connections, and networking and a processor inside which runs everything. The iPad doesn't do anything but act like a dumb remote. All the real workings of the system happen inside the Crestron control system, not the iPad.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis