Onkyo HT-S9400THX Networked HTiB First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
While actual details and pictures of the components of the Onkyo HT-S9400THX Networked HTiB are sketchy, the message is clear - this is a product that defies its price point. At $1099 MSRP (sure to find this on sale somewhere), you're getting a full featured receiver and THX certified speakers. While it is only really rated (and therefore designed for) a small home theater or dorm room, we're sure to see them in rooms much larger. With the streaming included and support for some of the latest technology (some of which doesn't really exist yet), the Onkyo HT-S9400THX is sure to turn heads when it starts shipping in May.

Discuss "Onkyo HT-S9400THX Networked HTiB First Look" here. Read the article.

C

cvillevideo

Enthusiast
I'm not in the market for a system like this, but if I was, I'd be very excited right now. Seems like that is a pretty nice feature and component set for that price. True, the power rating is questionable, but they usually are on integrated systems like these, and if used in the small room setting for which it is intended, I'm sure it will do the job.

These types of systems are a great way for brands to get their hooks in young consumers or those sticking their toe into the surround sound waters for the first time.

E

en sabur nur

Audioholic Intern
I'm excited about this product because my apartment is tiny and I need to downsize. Less bulky components and wires, more tight integration. At least until I get into a much larger dwelling :)

Sugarbear

Sugarbear

Junior Audioholic
Tom,
All of these Onkyo HTIB's include an AVR which is virtually identical to one of their stand-alone AVR's. I think it might be useful to say which of the Onkyo stand-alone AVRs the HTIB AVR equates to. Would you consider including that?
Thanks for the first looks!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis