Installing an Articulating Flat Panel Mount in a Corner - Part Two

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Hopefully, you've read some of our others articles on mounting flat panel displays on the wall. In either case, most faithful readers know that around here, we're very passionate about yanking people out of the 80's, ditching their built-ins and wall units and putting their televisions up on the wall, nice and tidy. But what about corner locations? Not as easy, right? Perhaps, but there are some simple tricks and tips you can employ to make sure you have a successful time of placing your flat panel on the wall, even if it means positioning it in a corner-mounted location. Once again we teamed up with MonoPrice to locate and implement a solution.

Discuss "Installing an Articulating Flat Panel Mount in a Corner - Part Two" here. Read the article.

B

bwilberg266

Audioholic Intern
Great Article!

I actually just completed this EXACT install for my uncle back in January. He was all set to drop about $250 when I suggested Monoprice, and offered to help him complete the job.

That mount works beautifully and they's had it in the corner of their living room for a few months now with no issue. Only difference is they have a component closet behind the wall it's mounted on so I was able to get nice and fancy with their AV Gear setup.

Glad to see you suggesting high quality alternatives for simple self installs. It's these kinds of articles that will help get the "Average Consumer" to dive further into the AV world.

B

Bismarck

Audioholic Intern
It is nice to see an article about how to mount a tv; however, I would like to offer up two suggestions.

I would like to point out that if you are planning on running the LV wires inside the wall you will need longer than 6' cords. One of the most important things to remember when using an articulating mount is to zip ties the wires to the mount in such a fashion that the tv can pull out and be pushed back without putting stress on the end of the cable or the input on the tv. Almos every articulating mount I install for client,s requires 12' cords.

My other piece of advise is to not put too much trust in your stud finder. I may be more careful than I need to be but I always find 3 studs with the stud finder and measure to make sure they are all equidistant from each other, this way you can be confident you are actually marking out a stud because you can find a consistent pattern. Finally, after finding the stud but before drilling the pilot hole, I use a very small screw driverthat I poke into the wall on the left and right side of where I plan to put my pilot hole. The small holes allow me to make sure I am drilling into the center of the stud, and not just clipping it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis