Treme: The Complete First Season Blu-ray Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Treme is a new drama series on HBO, sprung from the mind of David Simon, creator of the The Wire. Set in New Orleans not long after hurricane Katrina, Treme brings us average people as they rebuild following the worst man-made disaster in American history. But don’t expect a somber look at life in the Big Easy. Instead you’ll find Treme populated with colorful characters of indomitable resilience as they pick up the broken pieces of their lives in this musical city. Treme switches effortlessly between subplots and unique perspectives, woven together with a thick thread of New Orleans’ unique culture, food and most of all music. You’ll not only forgive this series for breaking into a song – the music is what keeps you coming back. Finally, television that rewards your musical sound system!

Discuss "Treme: The Complete First Season Blu-ray Review" here. Read the article.

B

bellevegasj

Junior Audioholic
David Simon has been killing it. The Wire was the best show on TV.

Episode 2 featured one of my all-time fav bands, Galactic. They played with Trombone Shorty, Cyril Neville, and Corey Henry(Rebirth Brass Band) on 2.25.11 for you music nerds. Great show. Well worth finding a copy.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
Don't know any of the musicians (except Elvis Costello) but I'd imagine it would really enhance the show if you did. Thanks for letting me know.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I haven't seen all of the HBO series, but IMO The Wire was the very best. (I am talking series, not single season mini series like Band of Brothers.) Well, my friend HAS seen every HBO series, and he also thinks The Wire is best.

Galactic is funky stuff, I have a disc my friend burned for my many years ago.

So I went to see how much this show will cost on release, and it looks like season one is $55, ow. I guess I have to wait for Netflix to carry it. I've never heard of this show, thanks for bringing it to attention!

B

bongobob

Audioholic
Musicians. Let's ponder this...

Besides Shorty there was Kermit Ruffins on Trumpet, segments with Dr John, the subdudes, Big Chief Monk Boudreaux as well as cameos with Irma Thomas and Art Neville. the Radiators did a shoot for the new season a couple of weeks ago. Anybody spot anyone else that I forgot?

Great show.

Bob

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
I need to dig into the special feature viewing modes, apparently it gives lots of insights into the musicians giving appearances.

C

corey

Senior Audioholic
Wayde, this is the first time I've run across a hurricane being referred to as a man-made disaster. Global warming is adding to the strength of some storms, but hurricanes still form the old fashioned way, out in the middle of the ocean.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
The 'man made' disaster is part of the show's subheading. I thought that too at first. In episode 1, John Goodman's character explains in detail that the levees breaking was the man-made part. That area of New Orleans is apparently below sea level, and the sea is right next to it! Like Holland.

I really don't know, nor would I take sides in a debate on the topic.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
Musicians. Let's ponder this...

Besides Shorty there was Kermit Ruffins on Trumpet, segments with Dr John, the subdudes, Big Chief Monk Boudreaux as well as cameos with Irma Thomas and Art Neville. the Radiators did a shoot for the new season a couple of weeks ago. Anybody spot anyone else that I forgot?

Great show.

Bob
I created a Slacker.com station from Professor Longhair. Awesome!

A

allargon

Audioholic General
Kermit Ruffins is definitely badass. However, you guys need to turn in your man cards for missing Lucia Micarelli. She's an incredible violinst and not bad on the eyes to boot.

B

bellevegasj

Junior Audioholic
Wayde, this is the first time I've run across a hurricane being referred to as a man-made disaster. Global warming is adding to the strength of some storms, but hurricanes still form the old fashioned way, out in the middle of the ocean.
The levees were inadequately built/maintained.

Hurricanes are becoming more violent/frequent with rising ocean temperatures.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis