A Heartfelt Goodbye to Gary Altunian

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Gary was 59 and a native of Southern California. He was director of training and development at a regional CE chain, The Federated Group from 1975 to 1988. From 1988 to 2003, he was Yamaha's national sales training manager. In 2003, he launched a career writing about audio components for such publications as Widescreen Review, Ultimate AV and Home Theater Magazine. Gary passed away March 15 after fighting cancer for several years. Funeral arrangements weren't available as of this posting. What we personally knew of Gary was a bit more recent, having spent some time with him at CES back in 2005 and he having the somewhat dubious privilege of having introduced us to one of our long-running jokes, the Samsung AV-R3000 AV receiver...

Discuss "A Heartfelt Goodbye to Gary Altunian" here. Read the article.

A

Andytoo

Audiophyte
Really sad and unfortunate as is the case with sudden death, even though I now know Mr. Altunian had battled cancer for some time. I had corresponded with him on Feb. 20th suggesting a future speaker review. His response was quick and polite and his words did not suggest any hint of his problems. I now know he was a class act.

Last edited:
MapleSyrup

MapleSyrup

Audioholic
Rest in Peace

59 is so young to pass away. Gary seemed liked a very decent human being. God speed to Gary as well as to his family and loved ones.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Wish I could have the attitude of Mr Altunian

Very sorry to see such a nice gentleman pass away at much too young age……

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
yep ! 59 is way too young,

my story regarding that man is that I installed car stereo at Federated in Canoga Park,Ca from 78 to 81.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis