RipDigital Audio CD Ripping Service Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Typically when we've reviewed CD ripping services we hear from a lot of end-users who would rather rip their own CDs to hard drive and can't understand why on earth you'd want to pay someone like RipDigital to do it for you. We get it. You're awesome. Now, if you can step away from the mirror for just one second, we'd like to show you a whole new world... a world of custom installers and people who generally value their time at a higher rate than those who can afford to rip 100s of CDs while they eat Slim Jims and check out reruns of Star Trek ToS (no offense, Gene). It's the CE professional that truly is targeted by this type of service. If you're doing an AV installation and your client has tons of CDs in his or her collection, there's got to be a better solution than paying one of your guys to sit there and rip each one to disc.

Discuss "RipDigital Audio CD Ripping Service Review" here. Read the article.

JaBear

JaBear

Junior Audioholic
Holy Crap, $1 to $1.5 a disc...

If someone has big collection of disc lets say 1400 discs, you have to pay someone 2,100 to rip and put on a hard drive... I knew I got into the wrong business.

Maybe I can start my own business and I'll do it for 95 cents

K

kevon27

Annoying Poster
And I thought ripping disc was illegal?
So how are they getting around percussion from the RIAA or what every organisation that sues people to illegal music.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
So how are they getting around percussion from the RIAA or what every organisation that sues people to illegal music.
lolwut

People are allowed to rip and make copies for their own use. Sharing said rips or copies would be considered copyright infringement if the labels/artists weren't pro-sharing (unfortunately, most aren't).

jinjuku

jinjuku

You are confusing DVD/BR with CD's for starters.

1. It's not illegal to transcode content
2. It's illegal in the US to either create or distribute tools that break encryption schemes on DVD or BR so you CAN transcode content.

The jury is still out on whether using those tools is illegal since a person in the privacy of their own home doing this to their DVD collection that they own has never seen the inside of a court room.

If Sony put out a BR title with ZERO encryption you would be in zero trouble for copying it for your own personal use. It's the breaking of the encryption that is still a grey area for the consumer.

Remember that Fair Use isn't a right. It is simply an affirmative defense in court when the charge of copyright infringement is leveled against you.

Last edited:
B

Bergo

Audiophyte
So

I have 2600 CDs - all classical

All to be ripped to FLAC

I want the live concerts and opera ripped to a single track with Cue information. On multi disc opera sets thats 2 or three discs to be joined and cue sheets re-numbered.

I want the string quartets to be ripped such that a disc with three quartets is ripped to three single tracks with three cue sheets.

Song recitals and symphonies to be ripped to individual tracks.

I don't want to sort them out - not being a geek that's for them to do.

Can they do it?

How much?

Dan Gravell

Dan Gravell

Audiophyte
I totally agree there are some people out there that don't have time to do all that ripping. Some people have 1000s of CDs!

So long as you rip to lossless, such as FLAC, you've protected your investment anyway, because you can always re-organise (by tagging) your collection later. It's only if you ripped to MP3 or some other lossy codec that you might have to send the CDs back and get it done all over...

D

dracole

Audiophyte
My experience

Best price/quality i got was from rip.hfx.at.

The company is based in Austria but they are used to do business/ship everywhere in Europe.

Even had a special option for Classic and Jazz CDs, so every single soloist is included in the Metatags, awesome!

Cheers

Robert

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis