RBH Sound Revamps Loudspeaker Website

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
RBH Sound, a manufacturer of high performance home audio and custom installation products, today announced the launch of the company’s new website, www.rbhsound.com. The new website reflects the company's commitment to its customers and consumers by incorporating many user-requested enhancements and providing a smart and easy-to-understand source of information. The company's speakers and other home audio products are organized by series and by type, enabling visitors to gain the information they need and navigate the new site with ease. With over 30 years experience in providing high performance home audio products to specialty dealers and distributors worldwide, RBH Sound remains one of only a handful of companies in the consumer electronics industry still privately owned by the original founder.

Discuss "RBH Sound Revamps Loudspeaker Website" here. Read the article.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Disclaimer:
Below has nothing to do with Exceptional quality of RBHsound products

Honestly - I'm not huge fan of new design, and looks like they went overboard with image compression and size reduction to the point it looks made in 256 colors.. :eek:

plus

They still have new small issues to iron out like reviews for MC-6CT (Audioholics)
review from MC-6CT Tower Speaker (9/2010) - points to http://www.everythingaudio.net/

One of my favorite site recent site design is IWC.com

E

egandb

Audioholics Approved Vendor
Link fixed - thanks for the head's up!

Disclaimer:
Below has nothing to do with Exceptional quality of RBHsound products...

They still have new small issues to iron out like reviews for MC-6CT (Audioholics)
review from MC-6CT Tower Speaker (9/2010) - points to everythingaudio.net
Thank you for pointing out the broken link - the page (and link) has been fixed! As you might imagine, we're still working out some kinks. We appreciate your comments too!

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
In all honesty, the only thing I don't like is the lack of a working "dealer locator".
I think I've sent all my information in before and never even got a reply.

I like dealer locators like this one:

http://www.faceaudio.com/index.asp

Quick, concise, automatic.

And i'm hoping eventually, you can "model" a speaker with a given finish. I believe Axiom Audio's website allows you to do this.

majorloser

majorloser

Thank you for pointing out the broken link - the page (and link) has been fixed! As you might imagine, we're still working out some kinks. We appreciate your comments too!
Tell Shane to get back to work and start releasing some of his brainstorm speaker designs he's been sitting on. :D

I think Gene's gonna die if he doesn't get some new Status towers.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Tell Shane to get back to work and start releasing some of his brainstorm speaker designs he's been sitting on. :D

I think Gene's gonna die if he doesn't get some new Status towers.
Gene's gonna die when he tries to push those half ton beasts up the stairs :eek:

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
THANK YOU for keeping to light info area. All these d@mn sites with dark backgrounds/motifs SUKK!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Gene's gonna die when he tries to push those half ton beasts up the stairs
Well that is why I will insist that Shane flies down to install them in my room :)

majorloser

majorloser

Well that is why I will insist that Shane flies down to install them in my room :)
He'd better bring a few friends, too. I'd hate to try and carry those up and around your stairs. :eek:

How about a forklift through the window? :rolleyes:

E

egandb

Audioholics Approved Vendor
Dealer Locator, Shane Working and Opinion, whew!

In all honesty, the only thing I don't like is the lack of a working "dealer locator".
I think I've sent all my information in before and never even got a reply.
And i'm hoping eventually, you can "model" a speaker with a given finish. I believe Axiom Audio's website allows you to do this.
Hmmm. I know our dealer locator is working now, maybe you should try it again. Depending on your location, some dealers may take longer to respond. Please let me know if you don't hear from any dealers or run into any more difficulty!

Regarding the finish "modeling": We'll see what we can do. That is a nice feature.

Dave, you know there's no telling that boy to get back to work! :)

THANK YOU for keeping to light info area. All these d@mn sites with dark backgrounds/motifs SUKK!
Thanks! We like the lighter background too.

What do you guys think of the navigation and overall feel of the site? We've had so many compliments that I know we did something right. However, there are comments that the lack of contrast makes the navigation harder. Thoughts?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I have no issues with color scheme, thou i'd pick a bit stronger colors, but overall it's not bad effort for mom & pop made web site... :p

I have some additional critique:
Several left side navigation result change consistency of the layout and I feel it's annoying and confusing the eye.
Case in point:
"Products by Series" - has "white space" right above "Installer Photo Gallery"
then it's solid will we get to subwoofers - even bigger white space due to too much text on right...
Same for surround speakers.
"Volume controls" adds TONS on unnecessary white space
:confused:
"Wood Finishes" - very nice finishes, too bad there are so many on single page to skew site layout again.

Speaking of "Installer Photo Gallery" - C'mon - in the microscope I could almost guess the impeccable level of work these guys did, but not every one has a microscope - PLEASE make these images bigger !!!

Regarding image compression - most annoying to me is this one:

Notice the white background - unclear and blurry details - this is due too high jpg compression

All these are minor issues and should relatively easy to fix

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis