Valentines Day Electronics Gift Guide 2011

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
This Valentine's Day why not dazzle your loved one with a gift that will make her life easier? Or perhaps just give her a new convenience he or she never had before? or beautify the home theater room with a new accessory or connectivity device? There are numerous ways to send an electronics gift that will say "I love you" - and most of them cost far less than a diamond tennis bracelet or anniversary ring! (though we doubt this will have exactly the same level of impact on the female of the species...) Following are a few of our favorite recommendations that will impress, update, or even (heaven forbid) help your loved one feel the love - audioholics-style...

Discuss "Valentines Day Electronics Gift Guide 2011" here. Read the article.

jp_over

jp_over

Full Audioholic
[Internal ramble]

Let's see...
She's already got blue tooth, headphones, and 2 nice cameras... Aha - the subwoofer! No, I've already got the Rythmik F15 on order (Not too sure if it was understood that this is "an integral component" to the new audio system I was authorized - could be trouble!).

I'd like to get the TV wall-mount but, giving this to my dear wife on Valentine's could get me "hung" (pun)! Ok, Surefire E1B it is!

Kennydee

Kennydee

Junior Audioholic
I got my wife a pair of V-Moda Crossfades this Christmas and she often thanks me again and again for this gift. I gave them a try on my office sound system (Onkyo M-5160 amp and P-306RS preamp) using my CD player (no MP3) and I was truly blown away by the sound quality. I liked them so much that I got myself a pair. A big winner for us here.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Well, I've got the post up already about it, but with the iPhone 4 on Verizon and the release date right before Valentines day, that's probably exactly what my wife will get. Technically, of course, I gave it to her for Christmas.

Meh, she's a pain to shop for.

What I really need is a VERY good set of digital wireless headphones. The analog Senheisers that I have now are decent, at best. I want some digital ones with about a 35' range through walls.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, I've got the post up already about it, but with the iPhone 4 on Verizon and the release date right before Valentines day, that's probably exactly what my wife will get. Technically, of course, I gave it to her for Christmas.

Meh, she's a pain to shop for.

What I really need is a VERY good set of digital wireless headphones. The analog Senheisers that I have now are decent, at best. I want some digital ones with about a 35' range through walls.
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-RS-180-Headphone-Automatic/dp/B002TLT10S

330ft line of sight, will probably be good at 35ft with non-concrete wall

better price:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170462447927#ht_500wt_922

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Have you used them? I'm really interested, and I've certainly looked at them before, but I've held back hoping that Sennheiser would update the design this year (they did not) to deal with the annoyances which are specifically brought up in the reviews.

Specifically, the fact that the base must be turned on everytime you pick them up (obnoxious!) and that the power button for the headphones is an identically shaped button located directly between the volume up/down buttons.

What's with some manufacturers highering monkeys to design their products instead of human beings?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Have you used them? I'm really interested, and I've certainly looked at them before, but I've held back hoping that Sennheiser would update the design this year (they did not) to deal with the annoyances which are specifically brought up in the reviews.

Specifically, the fact that the base must be turned on everytime you pick them up (obnoxious!) and that the power button for the headphones is an identically shaped button located directly between the volume up/down buttons.

What's with some manufacturers highering monkeys to design their products instead of human beings?
Honestly not, but I could give you good strongly educated guesstimate:
1) Senheiser makes typically good headphones
2) Higher end models of Senheisers are even better :D
3) I'm well aware of wifi limitation - In fact I setup Cisco Wifi AP with gets signal thou several concrete walls & ceramic tiles. I'm pretty confident what wifi signal spec'd to work upto 330ft will work 35ft thru the wall.
4) If you buy them from this ebay dude and don't like (I doubt that) - you could resale them at almost same price as in Mint condition anyhow :D

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Oh, I work for a company that is a Sennheiser dealer, so I could probably get better than cost pricing on them. I also own two sets of Sennheiser as it is. My HD555 wired cans and a set of 120 wireless. I don't use the HD555s at all anymore. I can't use wired cans due to my setup. My wireless ones are analog, so they are noisy, but they are ideal. Beyond ideal really. I've got it setup with the integration into my 5 TV locations in my home so that the headphones can match whichever of the five rooms I choose to use them in. It works really well and is nice to be able to watch in the bedroom after the kids are asleep, or listen in the kitchen while cooking with the TV on in the family room.

Still, just looking for a better product, and those I did scope out over a year ago when they had far fewer reviews. Looks like mostly positives, so I will likely cough up whatever I must to get a pair (or two) for my home seutp. Probably not THIS Valentines day of course.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis