Griffin and Dijit's Beacon Turns Your Mobile Device into a Universal Remote

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Griffin Technology partnered with software developer Dijit to turn your favorite iOS or smartphone device into a Universal Remote Control. Beacon allows fingertip control of your entire entertainment system, thanks to hardware and app integration from Griffin and Dijit. Beacon turns an iOS or smartphone device into a handy, easy-to-use remote for home entertainment systems by converting Bluetooth signals from your device to the infrared commands your components are expecting. Beacon pairs your iOS device or smartphone with Dijit's Universal Remote App, putting complete control of your home entertainment center in the palm of your hand. There are no bulky cases or dongles, no messy wires or cables.

Discuss "Griffin and Dijit's Beacon Turns Your Mobile Device into a Universal Remote" here. Read the article.

ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
does anyone know how this works? the round reciever, it seems i read it operates in a 360 degree range. do you need a line of site then from the reciever to the component, like you would place it somewhere in the middle of your room - i can't really picture that.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
does anyone know how this works? the round reciever, it seems i read it operates in a 360 degree range. do you need a line of site then from the reciever to the component, like you would place it somewhere in the middle of your room - i can't really picture that.
IR signals don't always have to be on-axis and they also bounce off walls so unless you have a stubborn component, placing the beacon in a corner will probably work.

chesbak

chesbak

Audioholic Intern
IR signals don't always have to be on-axis and they also bounce off walls so unless you have a stubborn component, placing the beacon in a corner will probably work.
Does this REALLY work with everything or it there a list of compatible brands?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis