Are You Buying a TV for the Super Bowl?

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
According to a survey done at Twice.com, at least 4.5 million shoppers plan to take advantage of Super Bowl sales and deals to pick up a new TV in time for the big game. That number is up 25% from 2010 and almost 40% higher than those who were surveyed in 2009. The poll was conducted by BIGresearch for the Retail Advertising and Marketing Association (RAMA). This is good news for retailers, who are still feeling the pinch of the post-recession downturn. With many new V models due in teh end of the first quarter (per CES announcements) retailers and manufacturers alike are using the big game as the opportunity to offload, at a discount, models which are due to be replaced shortly. Look for compelling price promotions and package/bundle deals which will be placed on fliers and in eye-catching end-caps at all major retailers.

Discuss "Are You Buying a TV for the Super Bowl?" here. Read the article.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Nope, my 73" is still the biggest tv on the block (probably in the neighborhood too), no need to buy a new one just yet.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
No my 52" LCD is plenty for now but maybe in two years I'll do a 60" plasma.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
The 106" TV we have seems like enough for us right now. The 92" in the bedroom is fine too. Maybe we'll get a little 52" for our daughter though.

gliz

gliz

Full Audioholic
my 52 is just fine, i am however gonna get 6 racks of ribs and 2 cases of Shiner bock!! that makes everything look better!

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
my 52 is just fine, i am however gonna get 6 racks of ribs and 2 cases of Shiner bock!! that makes everything look better!
I'll be over. 4 oclock ok for you?

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
The 106" TV we have seems like enough for us right now. The 92" in the bedroom is fine too. Maybe we'll get a little 52" for our daughter though.
92" projector in the beedroom :eek: and I thought I was doing good with a 58" plasma in my bedroom.

T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
I should, because my 32" is probably better suited to a walk in closet than my living room. But I'm watching the game on a friend's 60" Kuro, so a new set will have to wait for another day...

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
92" projector in the beedroom :eek: and I thought I was doing good with a 58" plasma in my bedroom.
You are! You're doing great. I like plasma TV's. And 58" is nice. Projectors do have their drawbacks.

On that note, I have been looking at 42" LCD's lately. One in the corner of the room would be nice for the morning news instead of turning on the projector. I have an old 25" CRT there now, but it's a little too small. We can't make out all the extras that run across the bottom of the screen.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I don't think I would want a projector in my bedroom except for movies, and that would be too much of an investment for me to install a projector setup along with what I already have. But still, having a 92" screen in the bedroom is baller.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I rarely watch the bedroom set. That whole HT system is so my wife doesn’t bug me to watch her shows on my system. I can’t stand watching Judge Judy, Hoarders, 48 hours, Intervention, Ghost Hunters etc…… And if I put a smaller TV in the bedroom, then you know she’d be watching the main system while I’d end up with the micro-TV. This way, we’re both happy.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Not even going to watch it.
Communist. :mad:;)

I'll probably have a Plasma here by next week, but having it set up and calibrated by game time; doubtful.

The 57"RP will most likely have to do, assuming we watch the game here.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Same here. I live in chicago and didn't watch one bear game all year.:cool:
Well that's understandable,who would :D
Now if the Eagles can just grab Jeff Fisher for D coordinator :)

I think the 500M will suffice for another Superbowl but some day I would like to get a projector and really be in awe.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Well that's understandable,who would :D
Now if the Eagles can just grab Jeff Fisher for D coordinator :)

I think the 500M will suffice for another Superbowl but some day I would like to get a projector and really be in awe.
I think you should get a new TV...and redo that mount while you are at it!:p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis