120,000 iPad Users' Personal Data Stolen via AT&T

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
According to an article over at Reuters, Apple's iPad has been hacked courtesy of AT&T's 3G network and around 120,000 users' personal information was compromised as a result. This is a huge blow to AT&T and one that I'm sure has Apple fuming (they tend to hold their users in very high regard and any breach causes great amounts of tension from the company). From the article: U.S. investigators plan to announce criminal charges concerning the alleged theft of email addresses and other personal information belonging to about 120,000 users of Apple Inc's iPad tablet computer.

Discuss "120,000 iPad Users' Personal Data Stolen via AT&T" here. Read the article.

jp_over

jp_over

Full Audioholic
That's a major bummer. I hope they catch the crooks behind it.

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
And the lesson we should all learn here is.... don't own an iPad?

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
Old news

Guys - this happened seven or eight months ago... :(

audioholics misunderstood the story released today that simply stated that today charges had been filed against two people involved in that incident.

indulger

indulger

Audioholic

audioholics misunderstood the story released today that simply stated that today charges had been filed against two people involved in that incident.
Nah, Just refreshing our memory of why these two people were charged. :p Besides, anytime is a good time to bash AT&T:D

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
I thought I was going crazy. Either this was happening again or I had imagined it when it happened back then because I thought this seemed a little too familiar.

digicidal

digicidal

Full Audioholic
I thought it was just "Let's have bad news for Apple" day or something, considering how the entire morning on CNBC was basically dedicated to nothing more that speculation about Steve Jobs recent medical leave announcement.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Yea, The theft itself did took a place 8 months ago, but current news are the fact AT&T decided to go to court to sue the "robbers"

btw: The "attack" was way too simple to perform, due to HUGE GAPPING hole at&t left WIDE OPEN

Speaking of Apple, how many people you know, then they take a sick day their company stock price looses $20 of it's value :eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis