Sceptre Galaxy Series Poloarized 3D HDTV First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Sceptre is making their foray into the polarized glasses market with their new line of 3D HD TVs. The Galaxy Series of displays mostly use LED lighting. The top of the line 65" LED E650BV-F12D runs in at a penny under $5k. For $1500 less, you can have the straight LCD X650BV-F12D. Both feature 5 HDMI inputs, a USB input, 120Hz refresh, and 1080P. The big difference is the size. The LED model 1.25" at the thinnest and 2.5" at the thickest while the LCD model is 2.5" and 4" respectively. All the rest of the specifications are identical. Plus, they include four, count'em, pairs of glasses included. Since this is what consumers expect when they buy a multi-thousand dollar display, it's nice that they'll finally have it.

Discuss "Sceptre Galaxy Series Poloarized 3D HDTV First Look" here. Read the article.

digicidal

digicidal

Full Audioholic
Perhaps it's just me, but although I'm well aware of the rise from off-brand to nearly top-of-the-line ascent of Vizio - I'm not sure how many consumers are going to jump at a Sceptre-branded screen that's $5K regardless of the number of glasses included. Maybe in a few more years I could see that, but presently the offerings I've seen from them are budget models available in Costco and Sears next to the Westinghouse models - which certainly doesn't preclude them making a great product - but does give a buyer like me significant pause.

I may be more brand-loyal (or brainwashed depending on how you look at it) but I know I wouldn't drop that much coin on something without a significant known history in that market sector.

J

Jim Robbins

Audioholic
Looks like they are making a 32" 3D tv as part of this line. Man, that would be so sweet for my computer!! Well, if it really works without ghosting. With the modern video cards, you can run nearly all PC games in 3D. I am an XBox guy, but I think I can be drawn back to the PC for some cheap and easy 3D action...

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Can anyone find any information on this mysterious company? I'm drawing nothing here.

digicidal

digicidal

Full Audioholic
Can anyone find any information on this mysterious company? I'm drawing nothing here.
You're not the only one - I did some casual research prior to going TV shopping, but found little to no real information. However, from the models I saw on the shelves... I knew I didn't need to bother looking further, if you get my meaning.

I actually thought the Westinghouse models looked a little better built but they seemed like they were using a similar panel. :rolleyes:

Let's just say they have previously brought some of the cheapest technology available to the consumer... however, since I don't know too many people (including some millionaires) that think a $5K TV is 'dirt cheap' - they are really branching out into uncharted waters (for them at least) with this high-end model. Don't know how that will fly personally.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis