A Playstation 2 (PS2) TV by Sony

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Sony has unveiled a new Bravia television model called the KDL-22PX300 which features a built-in PlayStation 2 games console. Well, not so much "built-in" as "we set it on top of a PS2". The base of the TV is a bulky rectangle, similar to a ZVOX base, which houses the PS2/DVD player. While the PS2 isn't exactly the newest gaming system on the block, it's still one of the most popular systems to play - in terms of actual gameplay and titles. The 720p Bravia KDL-22PX300 LCD TV costs just over $300 and comes with 4 HDMI inputs, a Freeview digital TV tuner and of course the PlayStation 2 console with one game controller included.

Discuss "A Playstation 2 (PS2) TV by Sony" here. Read the article.

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
I guess there is a big market for this. I personally wish they would have put the chip in a new PS3 (just like to orig. 60 & 80 gb models had).

Better use of the same PS2 chip IMO.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'm not sure I see there being a big market for it. Yes there are a ton of games for the PS2, but there are fewer and fewer big new releases on it. They are sort of shooting themselves in the foot with it. PS2 sales are still pretty good, but to introduce a new product based on it seems strange.

I guess there is a big market for this. I personally wish they would have put the chip in a new PS3 (just like to orig. 60 & 80 gb models had).
I thought that too, and I still have my (dead) 60G, but the reality is, I haven't played a PS2 game in a LOOOOOONG time, so backwards compatibility really isn't that big of a deal anymore IMO, and Sony recognizes this. If they integrated the PS2 chip back in, then they would also charge $100 more for the PS3 retail and way more people would complain about that.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I still buy ps2 games, and have a ton that I haven't gotten around to playing. I really wish they would put the hardware back in the ps3 because I'd love to get a new slim to replace my og 60GB.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis