Velodyne Impact-10 Subwoofer VIDEO Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Velodyne has got to be one of the most recognizable names in subwoofers, and for a long time they priced themselves for discerning consumers who took their bass seriously. Well apparently anyone can now bring low frequency slam into their living room because Velodyne has dropped the cost of entry once more with the new Impact-10 subwoofer. The Impact-10 has a front-firing 10-inch long throw woofer powered by a 150-watt Class-D amplifier. It is priced at just $299 and has a frequency response that goes all the way down to around 32Hz. That's pretty low, and very respectable for a subwoofer that costs about the same as an iPod.

Discuss "Velodyne Impact-10 Subwoofer Video Preview" here. Read the article.

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
Very nice overview of the most affordable Velodyne offering.

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
Very nice overview of the most affordable Velodyne offering.
Agreed.

I've got an older lowly Velodyne CHT-12 that's still providing flawless service after six or seven years of more or less daily use.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
There's also an Impact-12, slightly more expensive and significantly larger in physical size, probably even better value for money :rolleyes:

I

InTheIndustry

Senior Audioholic
Agreed.

I've got an older lowly Velodyne CHT-12 that's still providing flawless service after six or seven years of more or less daily use.
I used to own one of those - great sub for the money.
My very 1st subwoofer was a Velodyne CT-12. The CT line was the model CHT line replaced. Great products! Sadly, at the price points of the CT & CHT series, Velodyne doesn't build them like this anymore: A $600 subwoofer that went down to a real 24hz with real world power and sustain! A truly fantastic product that helped build Velodyne a great reputation. Things have changed :( since then.

My old CT-12 still works like the day I got it. I sold it to a client who wanted some demo equipment on a discount and everytime I have stopped by to add something to his home I go down there and check on my baby. It still rocks!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis