Danny Bonaduce's Lame Home Theater

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Where can you watch reruns of "The Partridge Family" in style? An article at CE Pro says In Danny Bonaduce's Hollywood-area home. But given the lame layout, difficult room configuration and lack of any real advanced technology showing up in any of the photos, we'd have to respectfully disagree and say that Danny should definitely consider spending a bit more money next go-around. The child star from the classic 1970s TV show, now a famous disc jockey, has listed his Spanish-style home in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles for $4.2 million. According to the L.A. Times, the 1926 four-bedroom, six-bathroom home is new fully restored. The 8-seat dedicated theater in the home isn’t exactly lavish. In fact, it's a bit of a joke. The small projector sits in "the money seat" at armrest level in the front row of the theater. There are freestanding tower speakers that act as the front left and from right speakers, as well as the rear surrounds. The subwoofer is placed conspicuously in front of the screen.

Discuss "Danny Bonaduce's Lame Home Theater" here. Read the article.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
It Makes you wonder how many other stars have millions to spend and up with a bose system, and think the have the best. Sounds like a reality show: "Home Theaters of the Rich and Famous"

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
It Makes you wonder how many other stars have millions to spend and up with a bose system, and think the have the best. Sounds like a reality show: "Home Theaters of the Rich and Famous"
Its certainly the case with headphones. With athletes Monster Beats seems to be the most popular (yes there are some that get paid to where to them). The majority of actors and professional poker players love their Bose quiet comfort series. :eek:

Hopefully Danny reads this and we can have a public home theater makeover for him. :D

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
It's better than nothing, but looks like he could have used some guidance in his decision making.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I suspect that house was a bit of a financial stretch and that the home theater suffered as a result. That's how you DYI piece together a room when you're barely keeping up with the house payments and alimony.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
It's better than nothing, but looks like he could have used some guidance in his decision making.
I am not so sure about that. Honestly, I would rather NOT watch a movie or concert unless I can watch on a properly setup and calibrated system. But that's just me!

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I am not so sure about that. Honestly, I would rather NOT watch a movie or concert unless I can watch on a properly setup and calibrated system. But that's just me!
True, but we don't know that what he has isn't properly setup or calibrated... but I'd still rather have what he has than watch something on a 42" tv and only have the built in speakers for my audio.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
but I'd still rather have what he has than watch something on a 42" tv and only have the built in speakers for my audio.
Now why'd you have to go and say that... you made me feel bad!:(

That's exactly what I have!:):):)

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Now why'd you have to go and say that... you made me feel bad!:(

That's exactly what I have!:):):)
Time to upgrade, luckily for you, you are an Audioholic so it shouldn't be too easy... and if you need any advice, you have come to the right place!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I think lame sums it up nicely. If you've ever seen him on any of the reality TV shows, he's pretty lame himself.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
What did you guys expect ... he's from Pennsylvania. :D

... but where the hell did he come up with two point whatever million anything ?!? :confused:

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I think this is an absurd sentiment. I don't know about you, but most of my life I did not have nice audio or display equipment but still managed to enjoy movies and performances on them anyway. Bonaduce's home theater, while definitely not optimally setup, is still better than 99 percent of anyone else's home theater. I'm sure I could easily watch a movie there.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't know about you, but most of my life I did not have nice audio or display equipment but still managed to enjoy movies and performances on them anyway.
I'm the same as you in that regard but that was then and this is now. I've worked my way up to a 50" plasma and there is no going back to a 32" LCD or the unspeakable 27" CRT. There is no way I would watch Avatar (the worlds greatest film) on anything less than the 50" plasma or with a worse sound system. However I would welcome a chance to see it on Jeff's projector with his dual sub set up. That would so rock and it might bring democracy to New Hampshire. :D

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I'm the same as you in that regard but that was then and this is now. I've worked my way up to a 50" plasma and there is no going back to a 32" LCD or the unspeakable 27" CRT. There is no way I would watch Avatar (the worlds greatest film) on anything less than the 50" plasma or with a worse sound system. However I would welcome a chance to see it on Jeff's projector with his dual sub set up. That would so rock and it might bring democracy to New Hampshire. :D
I agree with both of you guys up to a point. Movie going is made a better experience through a better presentation. But movies are essentially a form of drama, and even if a 27" CRT misses much of the spectacle, it should still be able to relay the story. If the story is so weak that it needs a expensive home theater to be watchable, I would argue that it probably didn't deserve your attention in the first place. But of course, what constitutes and engaging story or drama is entirely a matter of opinion.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I think lame sums it up nicely. If you've ever seen him on any of the reality TV shows, he's pretty lame himself.
I don't know about that - he played a pretty good corpse on CSI....;)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
That was a joke....right?:eek:
An inside joke but I'm going to let you in on it because you're like family now.

Jeff is against Avatar for political reasons and refuses to watch it. Every so often I like to talk about him either owning or watching the movie and hero worshiping John Cameron as the worlds greatest American. It's low brow stuff because of the depth of his feelings but not as low as like 'yo momma' jokes. So ... there it is.

I had to look to see what the thread was that I was in. Uhm, yeah ... shameless jack and to answer your question directly I think Avatar is about the best movie ever on a couple of levels. The Matrix is another movie that set a benchmark in a similar fashion but had a much better story.

Danny probably isn't that into watching movies in his home. I mean he's pretty old and he's got a pretty young wife so I imagine he sleeps a lot. She's probably wearing him out. ;)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
What did you guys expect ... he's from Pennsylvania. :D
I love you too!:D

... but where the hell did he come up with two point whatever million anything ?!? :confused:
He's the morning guy on 94.1FM WYSP in Philly. He's making good money. Better than a union carpenter anyway...That and I'm sure the reality shows and celebrity boxing pay ok. Besides the exwife could have been loaded...or the bank loaned them the money.

I'm the same as you in that regard but that was then and this is now. I've worked my way up to a 50" plasma and there is no going back to a 32" LCD or the unspeakable 27" CRT. There is no way I would watch Avatar (the worlds greatest film) on anything less than the 50" plasma or with a worse sound system. However I would welcome a chance to see it on Jeff's projector with his dual sub set up. That would so rock and it might bring democracy to New Hampshire.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis