GefenTV Dolby Volume Stabilizer with Digital Audio Decoder Shipping

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Gefen today announced its GefenTV Auto Volume Stabilizer with Digital Audio Decoder is currently shipping. This new device is an external solution for applying Dolby Volume technology t your system without an entire AV receiver or television upgrade. This model offers the same functionality as the original Auto Volume Stabilizer but adds digital to analog audio decoding for increased compatibility with stereo systems. Dolby Volume technology is employed so listeners can enjoy the same audio levels when watching TV or listening to music. Noticeable audio spikes and drops are eliminated, delivering a steady stream of audio for a more consistent listening experience. The automated functionality means no more manual adjustment of volume on the remote control.

Discuss "GefenTV Dolby Volume Stabilizer with Digital Audio Decoder Shipping" here. Read the article.

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
Nice toy, but how much I wondered? A quick google gave me the answer, $179.

Frans

Frans

Junior Audioholic
I don't get it.

I thought we all hated listening to compressed songs? So we buy this device to compress the hell out of our DVD / Blu Ray? Basically DVD / Blue Ray is the only media left that has some kind of volume dynamics in it anyway...

I understand why this is (somewhat) helpful for cable TV during commercial breaks.

I know levels can change from source to source, but isn't that what a volume knob is for? Guess that's too much work too nowadays ;)

Ooh ok, now I get it, it must be useful for watching a DVD at night. But even sony equipment comes with a "night feature".

I still don't get it.

F

Fancypants

Audioholic Intern
I don't get it.

I thought we all hated listening to compressed songs? So we buy this device to compress the hell out of our DVD / Blu Ray? Basically DVD / Blue Ray is the only media left that has some kind of volume dynamics in it anyway...

I understand why this is (somewhat) helpful for cable TV during commercial breaks.

I know levels can change from source to source, but isn't that what a volume knob is for? Guess that's too much work too nowadays ;)

Ooh ok, now I get it, it must be useful for watching a DVD at night. But even sony equipment comes with a "night feature".

I still don't get it.
Frans, I don't think the target application for this product is for use with DVD/BD but with TV. More often than not, while watching TV, the commercials are noticeably louder than the TV program, which can get really annoying. I think the purpose of this product is more to keep the volume of commercials in check while watching TV.

To further emphasize my point, there is only one set of input/outputs on this thing, which doesn't lend easily to use with multiple sources.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis