NetGear Releases 3DHD Wireless Home Theater Networking Kit WNHDB3004

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Netgear today announced availability of its 3DHD Wireless Home Theater Networking Kit (WNHDB3004) with Netgear 3DHD Wireless technology, claiming the first solution capable of reliably delivering jitter-free 1080p high-definition video streams throughout the home with no new wires. The growing popularity of Internet-capable televisions and other home-theater equipment, including Blu-ray players, video game consoles and digital media adapters, often presents consumers with a big hurdle: The home router or gateway which provides an Internet connection is in one room of the house while the home theater system is in another – sometimes separated by several walls or even on different floors. Running Ethernet cables through the house is expensive and time-consuming.

Discuss "NetGear Releases 3DHD Wireless Home Theater Networking Kit WNHDB3004" here. Read the article.

S

Slee_Stack

Junior Audioholic
Running ethernet wire is expensive?

At $129 per pop, your network will get OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive in no time with these!

Running wire is inconvenient and a pain, but very worth it. 1Gbps transfer is sweet. Granted I normally only get about 50-60% (60-80MBps) of this theoretical (and it is very likely limited by my HD write speed), but I doubt this wireless would approach even 10MBps.

Take the $500 that (4) of these would cost and pay someone to run the wire for you.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis