Elite Osprey Tension Dual Mode Projector Screen Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
For those who didn't get to CEDIA, you missed seeing Elite Screens new Award Winning Anamorphic projection screen. The Osprey runs two separate motorized projection screens, a native 2.35:1 (Cinemascope) and a 16:9 (HDTV) in tandem with lens memory to accommodate the variable modes of an anamorphic projector. The screens are spaced at a 12mm interval to minimize any perceivable depth of focus distortion. In addition to this, the Osprey is pre-set to maintain a centered image aligned with the projector's lens memory.

Discuss "Elite Osprey Tension Dual Mode Projector Screen Preview" here. Read the article.

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
Looked at their site for more information on this line. Seems like a nice alternative to having two screens (which I am contemplating). No information regarding pricing and availability yet.

I was a little surprised they do not have a trigger (5-12v) input to activate either of the screens or the selection of one or the other. Just done via IR? Oh well it would have seemed they could have done that rather inexpensively. That will be a consideration.

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
As a follow up I wanted to provide some more information, links below:

Here is a link for the brochure and the user-guide

I have gotten confirmation of MSRP for the 117/94" model DTE117C94H : $2939 and available around Mid December 2010.

Overview of them is here

Cheers!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis