Optoma Neo-i iPod Dock and Pico Projector First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The Optoma Neo-i is the unlikely marriage of an iPod/iPhone dock and pico projector. The projector can deliver an image of up to 120†in its native WVGA (854 X 480 pixels) resolution in 16:9 format. Yes, that'd be a blurry 120" but it can do it. In fact, the 50 ANSI Lumen Pico projector uses an LED backlight behind its 0.3†WVGA DLP color wheel which means that the power draw on the Neo-i is so low that it can be run on batteries. The contrast ratio is spec'd at 2000:1 with a 60% uniformity. The Optoma Neo-i is a bit over a foot and a half wide, almost nine inches deep and a bit over three inches tall. It may be a bit bulky for a "pico" projector, but it weighs in at under 2.5 lbs so you won't be adding much to your overall load. The Optoma Neo-i isn't actually categorized as a portable device (even Optoma says so) but we're betting that they'll show up in more than one boardroom.

Discuss "Optoma Neo-i iPod Dock and Pico Projector First Look" here. Read the article.

Q

quicke60

Audioholic Intern
I've always liked Optoma products - they are good quality products. But seriously? The specs look like it is just the Optoma PK301 in a much, much larger size and a higher price.

Why not get the AAXA M2 micro projector with the Iphone adapter cable? Not only do you get full Iphone connectivity, you also get:

*XGA Resolution
*2x brightness
*HDMI input
*Multimedia player
*Save some money! ($350 on amazon)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis