Aperion Audio Verus Grand Tower Floorstanding Loudspeakers First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
If we had to make a checklist of sub-$2k floorstanding speaker "must-haves," the Aperion Verus Grand Towers would score well. Furniture grade finish? Check. Gloss black or cherry real wood veneer? Check. Overbuilt cabinets, sub 50Hz frequency response, and compatibility with many receivers? Check, check, and check. The key advancement to the Verus Grand line in the tweeter. Sporting what Aperion calls an Axially Stabilized Radiator design, this 1" silk dome tweeter is designed not only to handle the top end, but also the upper-mid frequencies. Aperion is still supporting their Risk-Free 30-Day In-Home Audition with this new line. With free shipping both ways (even if you don't like them), it takes a lot of a stress of ordering online away.

Discuss "Aperion Audio Verus Grand Tower Floorstanding Loudspeakers First Look" here. Read the article.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
These things would probably be up in direct comparision to the Salk Songtowers in their price range.

S

Slee_Stack

Junior Audioholic
They look nice. Out of my budget though. Anything north of $1K/pr just isn't happening for me. I'll buy '$2k' speakers, but only if I find them clearance or used for 1/2 price.

T

Tom Attoh

Audiophyte
I checked with Aperion and the cabinets are actually MDF and not HDF.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Grand Towers...

...sub 50Hz frequency response...
If it is truly "Grand", shouldn't we be expecting more than just "50Hz"?:eek:

For a "regular" tower, like the Infinity P362, I might expect a "sub-50Hz".

But I would expect nothing less than sub-30Hz for a "Grand" tower.:D

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
If it is truly "Grand", shouldn't we be expecting more than just "50Hz"?:eek:

For a "regular" tower, like the Infinity P362, I might expect a "sub-50Hz".

But I would expect nothing less than sub-30Hz for a "Grand" tower.:D
I would far rather see a company put the money into top notch drivers and a well designed crossover than put it into bass extension. We have subwoofers for that job. Now if we were talking about 10,000-15,000 speakers it would make sense.

B1-66ER

B1-66ER

Audioholic Intern
I would far rather see a company put the money into top notch drivers and a well designed crossover than put it into bass extension. We have subwoofers for that job. Now if we were talking about 10,000-15,000 speakers it would make sense.
While I agree with you fully, you still have understand that as long as this remains a male E-penis hobby, rational concepts like subwoofers wont apply. Subwoofers aren't seen, they're just heard (felt). And they work, kicking *** over even the hugest phallic tower. But still, towers with subterrarian W.A.F are mainstays at any Electronics Convention, as if to say, "This Tower is the apex of all things manly, you must have this or you have NOTHING!" So it stands to reason we aren't buying towers for their performance, we're buying them for our status.
I personally am not a fan of many speakers with more than 3 drivers, and have found bookshelves as accurate as any, and passing of an old time convention of wisdom in audio (the more drivers, the more problems). If a bookshelf can get down to 90 hz, I'm in good shape as my dual 10's in each corner make everything else lovely.
That said, I, too, would expect 30 hz performance in such a tower as these.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis