Classe Announces New Delta Series Amplifiers

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
A total of four new Delta series models were unveiled. Two monaural models, the CA-M300 and CA-M600 are rated for 300 and 600 watts respectively, while the stereo CA-2300 and multichannel CA-5300 promise 2x300 and 5x300 watts respectively. The new Delta series models build upon three key refinements. First, a new miniaturized driver-stage circuit, which is almost perfectly free of noise and distortion, delivers the most precise signal control yet devised. Additionally, the entire amplification process occurs on a single new six-layer circuit board, significantly shortening the signal path for superior time-domain performance and even greater transparency. But the most obvious and arguably one of the most important new Delta series innovations is Classé’s ICTunnel ("icy tunnel"), an active cooling system inspired by million-dollar medical and laser imaging equipment designs.

Discuss "Classé Announces New Delta Series Amplifiers" here. Read the article.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
5 x 300w for the bargain basement price of $9,500? :eek:

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
This is what I've been waiting for!:D
Let's see, I'm thinking I need one for the bedroom, and another for the family room, and then one each for the bathrooms (music to read by), and finally one for the garage. Must have tunes while waxing the 7 Lambos. After all one must not be seen driving the same Lambo twice in the same week. What would they say at the yacht club. :D

Oh well it was a nice fantasy. I guess I'll be settling for the Emos and my Magnum.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I guess they are appealing to the almost-damn-rich crowd who can't afford the $30K Mark Levensin amps?:eek:

And I'm sure they sound just as good as the Emotiva amps.:D

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Guys the reason the classe amps are somewhat expensive is because they have to export them all the way from Quebec. That's gotta be on the other side of the world... they speak french there!

Last edited by a moderator:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Gotta pay for that new six-layer circuit board somehow.:D
Is that kind of like a 6-speed automatic transmission or something?:D

I think Emotiva will be coming out with a seven-layer circuit board soon.:eek:

Each layer increases the speed of the amplifier.:D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Yep they were always expensive. What makes them kinda unique (from waht I read about in their specs) is that the amp section is completely Class A. There is no switching distortion in a class A amp like there is in ClassA/B. I'm NOT saying this as a justification for their absurd prices. Its just kid of cool to see a company go with a class A amp circuit.

The older CA-5200 weighs in at a paltry 121 lbs. :eek:

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
Audiophiles have long known empirically that any amplifier achieves its best sonics when warmed to its ideal operating temperature.
I love that these two are together... but what? There is an audiable difference to a cold amp? I've never noticed any such thing. What's the THD change typically like?

On tubes perhaps, but solid state?

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I love that these two are together... but what? There is an audiable difference to a cold amp? I've never noticed any such thing. What's the THD change typically like?

On tubes perhaps, but solid state?
Tubes definately..SS I have my doubts.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
I would love to see an in depth review of this amp VS. the Emotiva with graphs and charts. I know that is dangerous waters for Audioholics but it sure would put some perspective on where our money is going.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I would love to see an in depth review of this amp VS. the Emotiva with graphs and charts. I know that is dangerous waters for Audioholics but it sure would put some perspective on where our money is going.
I doubt if Classe or anyone else will take that chance.:D

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I'd like to see those Classe amps go head to head with a professional amplifier like the EP4000.:D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
As Gene has pointed out on several occassions, unless you have an unbias testing discipline, it is hard to infer what the mfg numbers mean, if anything.
And you saw bias in the tests?:confused:

W

westcott

Audioholic General
And you saw bias in the tests?:confused:
Maybe bias is the wrong word. Testing methods are different and Audioholics testing methods are more rigourous than most. I will have to dig it up but Gene wrote an article outlining testing methods, their idiosyncrasies, and what makes an accurate and more revealing testing method.

Basic Amplifier Measurement

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis