Onkyo HT-RC260 7.2 Channel Home Theater Receiver First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
For $500 (a full $350 less than the HT-RC270), the Onkyo HT-RC260 packs in a lot of features. What are you missing are a few speaker connection points to make switching configurations easier, an input or two, analogue pre-ins and pre-outs, THX certification, and all of the network features. What you get is the same amp section, Faroudja DCDI Cinema video processing, a ton of HDMI 1.4a inputs, dual subwoofer outputs, and all the latest audio processing. If you aren't that interesting in networking and streaming, you can save a cool $350 by going with the HT-RC260 over the 270. That's two pairs of shutter glasses and a 3D Blu-ray! For some that is money well saved.

Discuss "Onkyo HT-RC260 7.2 Channel Home Theater Receiver First Look" here. Read the article.

Kennydee

Kennydee

Junior Audioholic
Onkyo products

Tom, I and I am sure everyone who visit Audioholics have enjoyed reading on your several Onkyo receivers "first looks" these past few weeks/months but we have yet to see a full pro review on them. I would be very interested to read one on Onkyo's flagship model(s) and the other less expensive models so they could be compared. I personally am interested in how the amp sections fare once they are passed through your usual exhaustive testing. Hoping you could find some time to write on them.

Many thanks

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
Tom,
Nice coverage on Onkyo...once again. They look to be offering some of the best values in the industry even farther out pacing the competition from years past. I recently purchased a similar offering (a complete HTIB the HT-S6300). It comes with the HT-R680 receiver (not offered separately). Most likely the same amplifier section as the HT-RC series (130 W/ch though rated at only 1 kHz bandwidth). Also note this HTIB comes with a 10" powered subwoofer and an iPod dock and some decent "starter" speakers. Onkyo's product page is here

I am currently using the speakers and they are decent and will keep them until I have completed my media and game rooms; currently in progress. I actually got the HTIB so that I could use my better speakers and H/K receiver in my media room. I can recommend this HT-S6300 as a great starter system although I do note that it does not have full pre-out section which you highly suggest.

With some diligent online searching one should be able to finds this HTIB for $500 shipped and no tax. A steal for the whole package!

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
Tom, I and I am sure everyone who visit Audioholics have enjoyed reading on your several Onkyo receivers "first looks" these past few weeks/months but we have yet to see a full pro review on them.
This. I've seen a lot of "First Looks" but not much else. What's goin' on? :confused: :eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis