GoogleTV: World Domination or Just Another Box?

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
There's no question that Google is an amazing and capable company. Like Apple, when they go out on a limb to create something new, people tend to take notice - and have a certain level of anticipation. Such is the case with GoogleTV. The mystery and hype surrounding this Android-based system is off-the-charts. So, it was with great enthusiasm that I played with the system over at DirecTV's booth at this year's CEDIA Expo. From my brief time spent there I came away with a few question, and a few observations - the answers and evaluations of which will serve to either make this product the next evolution in TV, a wild dream that never fully comes to fruition, or a limited-time solution that is nifty but doesn't hit mainstream adoption.

Discuss "GoogleTV: World Domination or Just Another Box?" here. Read the article.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
There's no question that Google is an amazing and capable company. Like Apple, when they go out on a limb to create something new, people tend to take notice - and have a certain level of anticipation. Such is the case with GoogleTV. The mystery and hype surrounding this Android-based system is off-the-charts. So, it was with great enthusiasm that I played with the system over at DirecTV's booth at this year's CEDIA Expo. From my brief time spent there I came away with a few question, and a few observations - the answers and evaluations of which will serve to either make this product the next evolution in TV, a wild dream that never fully comes to fruition, or a limited-time solution that is nifty but doesn't hit mainstream adoption.

Discuss "GoogleTV: World Domination or Just Another Box?" here. Read the article.
If people didn't watch TV every minute of every day, would they be more productive? Is the screen size really going to let people watch TV and not cause eye problems? Will people be sensible about this and NOT watch while they drive?

I

IndoSlim

Audioholic Intern
If people didn't watch TV every minute of every day, would they be more productive? Is the screen size really going to let people watch TV and not cause eye problems? Will people be sensible about this and NOT watch while they drive?
What?! Do you make any sense? Is your post totally irrelevant? Do you even know what this story was about? Do you ever post anything besides questions? Does anyone ever answer them?..................................Doubt it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis