Avatar 3D Exclusive Given to Panasonic

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
According to an article on Twice, Panasonic is slated to be the exclusive launch partner for the 3D Blu-ray Disc release of Avatar due out in early December. Though the length of the exclusive period is not specified yet, at launch the disc will only be available to consumers as part of a bundle package with a Panasonic 3D Viera plasma TV. Exact details are still to be announced, but Panasonic's consumer marketing VP, told TWICE his company will back the promotional offers using a marketing campaign that leverages the cooperation and resources of participating retail channel partners.

Discuss "Avatar 3D Exclusive Given to Panasonic" here. Read the article.

R

r22yu

Audiophyte
I still won't buy a Panasonic TV.

Does this mean that Blockbuster won't receive 3D-BlueRay copies of Avatar? If they do everyone could wait 2months or so and then buy the disc 2nd hand from blockbuster...

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I'm sure a few copies will appear on ebay at ridiculous prices.

ChrisFox

ChrisFox

Audioholic Intern
I do not understand why they are doing this. I know Panasonic wants to sell more tv's and this will but they should be giving this movie away for free to anyone who wants one. Not the normal Blu Ray, the 3D only movie. That would get more people to at least look into buying into 3D.

If you are trying to convince people to buy another tv only after a few years of buying an HD tv you don't need to restrict the most popular 3D movie out there.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
This is baffling to me as well. The biggest issue for 3D adoption right now is lack of software. Restricting the best 3D movie to new Panasonic buyers seems pretty dumb to me. Maybe Panasonic gave Fox buckets of money for this deal but it seems short sighted on all sides.

Jim

M

mrjktcvs

Audiophyte
What does he mean, "taking the lack of a 3D Avatar blu-ray as a sign that even the big guns aren't sure?" Did he really expect that to come out before they re-released the movie last month with some additional footage?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis