Panasonic 2010 Viera TVs Add Netflix Streaming

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Panasonic announced today that streaming instantly from Netflix is now available to Netflix members via Panasonic’s 2010 VIERA CAST-enabled VIERA HDTVs and Blu-ray Disc players. Netflix is the latest entertainment feature to be added to VIERA CAST, Panasonic’s IPTV functionality. Earlier this year, Panasonic added Skype voice and video calling, Twitter and Pandora to an already robust list of popular entertainment and information options, including Amazon Video on Demand, You Tube, Google’s Picasa Web Album, Bloomberg News and a weather service.

Discuss "Panasonic 2010 Viera TVs Add Netflix Streaming" here. Read the article.

cwall99

cwall99

Full Audioholic
Avchd???

So I set myself up with the NetFlix and have watched a couple movies on my Viera (I have the 50-inch G20 - which I love). The first movie I watched basically suffered from a bad print: A Boy and his Dog.

Then I watched True Stories, a daffy comedy from David Byrne (yes, that David Byrne). Sound was okay. Video was pretty underwhelming. Like watching YouTube. I have a 16 MBPS service from ComCast and, just before I started watching the movie, I checked my speed (using Speakeasy.Net's speed test) and was pulling down between 18 and 20 MBPS.

It actually looks better on my sons' little 32-inch 720P Insignia (through their XBox) than it does on the larger screen (at 1080P).

But what's the deal with this daffy video format that Panasonic uses as the sole format their TVs can display? Do they really expect us to go out and buy all new Panasonic cameras?

Can anyone recommend a good piece of software to convert MOV files to AVCHD?

Thanks.

A

alterseekers

Audiophyte
This is really a great news considering most homes today already have internet-ready TV sets in them. But what if you want to enjoy that 1080p movie streaming but your TV, Blu-ray player, and wireless router are in separate rooms in the house? Don't worry, you can still enjoy your movie streaming with the help of Netgear's Universal WiFi Internet Adapter. This WiFi adapter is compatible with most internet-ready devices such as TVs, Blu-ray players, gaming consoles, and more. You can also use it to connect notebooks, wireless printers, and other networked home theater devices. For more information about the Netgear Universal WiFi Internet Adapter, visit bit.ly/bByST7 and discover this wonderful device from Netgear. Enjoy!.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis