Klipsch RF-7 II Floorstanding Speaker First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
At $3200 a pair, the Klipsch RF-7 II floorstanding speakers might not be that expensive in the grand scheme of things but they are pricey. In this price range, you expect considerable performance. Technology-wise, the RF-7 II speakers look fairly impressive. We're sure that three of the Klipsch mantras of "high efficiency with low distortion" with "controlled directivity" and "wide dynamic range" will be realized. We'll have to wait on our measurements to see if "flat frequency response" is also achieved. Klipsch lovers are probably already lining up for the RF-7 IIs. They are a bit boxy looking and horn-loaded tweeters usually invoke a love/hate response. With the legions of Klipsch fans out there already, we're sure these will find a market. We're just not sure how they'll stack up against other speakers in the price range.

Discuss "Klipsch RF-7 II Floorstanding Speaker First Look" here. Read the article.

dalumberjack

dalumberjack

Audioholic
I have loved klipsch speakers for a long time.

I hope in your future review they do well!

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The finish is much nicer than the originals.

V

vikebrian84

Audioholic Intern
I may not like the sound of horns like those but who doesnt love the kind of dynamics these things probably put out?

B1-66ER

B1-66ER

Audioholic Intern
On topic: Love me some Klipsch. they were the first serious speakers I ever bought and still have 'em, though they're collecting dust. I'll bet these would be great for a mean larger home theater. Klipsch aint shy of dynamics.

Off topic: Gene, I'm not sure I like the whole idea of 'First Look' articles. I feel I'm getting duped into a review that aint! I mean its nice to know whats out there and that you'll be doing a full review soon and all, but really, I think 'FL' should be in a smaller, more grouped together format with a few items in the article, not just one. I just hate the feeling of browsing your site, seeing Klipsch's latest, getting all "OoooH!" inside, and then, "aww damn, this don't tell me nothin!" Just my 1 cent.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I personally don't go for the horns, I have a pretty good case of tinnutis and for some reason the horns disagree with it, can it be fatigue that people speak of I don't know, they look nice though.

Gene, I honestly like the whole first look with or without the review simply because I don't feel I would have had the chance to see these products any other way so I truly like what I'll call a heads up, look and see, Thank You.
Keep up the great work making this site the best it can be, sawz.

Matt34

Matt34

The finish is much nicer than the originals.
IDK, the originals looked pretty good as well, I was never a fan of the copper looking drivers. I know a lot of folks feel the RF-7 where some of the better speakers of the modern lineup.

I would rock some Klipschorns or La Scala from the old heritage line though, I heard some Klipschorns last year and loved them. I have no idea where I would put those monsters though.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
Im considering the RF7 II or the RF82 II I wonder how they would compare performance wise:confused:

T

tom67

Full Audioholic
Too expensive.....the original RF 7s sold for $1,300/pr the last year or so and basically the same....

TheFactor

TheFactor

Too expensive.....the original RF 7s sold for $1,300/pr the last year or so and basically the same....
I dont beleive there the same the drivers are different along with different crossovers and real wood veneer boxes . I could be wrong but I think those are some of the differences but yes regardless that is a big price differential :eek:

TheFactor

TheFactor

The boxes maybe the same but this what it said about the new RF7 II On there website >>>> New and Improved

Now in its fifth generation, Reference II speakers have even more content and superior sound quality for you to enjoy. You’ll find re-engineered drivers throughout combined with a new crossover system that will capture your complete attention and excite your emotions. Improved cosmetics, including black metallic finished baffles, cerametallic woofers, new logos and feet, redefine the look of “big sound” throughout the

C

corey

Senior Audioholic
At $3K+ and with 10" woofers it's not just a re-issue of the RF-7. It looks to me like something between the regular Reference line & the Palladium's.

TheFactor

TheFactor

At $3K+ and with 10" woofers it's not just a re-issue of the RF-7. It looks to me like something between the regular Reference line & the Palladium's.
Yes thats what it looks like but cant wait to demo them and see what they sound like :)

TheFactor

TheFactor

BUMP!!! Anyone demo these babies yet ?

V

VinnyF

Audiophyte
Is klipsch asking too much for these? These are kicking into the price of palladium series for 3k

TheFactor

TheFactor

Is klipsch asking too much for these? These are kicking into the price of palladium series for 3k
I think we need some user and pro reviews before we make that assumption .

dkane360

dkane360

It is quite a price jump from their previous msrp, but it's gotta be warranted somehow. We just have to wait and see. The smallest palladium towers are 8k, so its still a pretty big difference (although probably not to the person who can afford the palladiums lol).

TheFactor

TheFactor

It is quite a price jump from their previous msrp, but it's gotta be warranted somehow. We just have to wait and see. The smallest palladium towers are 8k, so its still a pretty big difference (although probably not to the person who can afford the palladiums lol).
LOL so true !

V

VinnyF

Audiophyte
Not quite there but getting a little too much, the reference line have been staying decent priced and performance in the same time. And now they seem getting away from there and steering me away from getting Klipsch even my system's been mainly RF-3II series

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis