Florida to Sue LCD Manufacturers for Price Fixing

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
This week a Florida Attorney General (Bill McCollum) said he is planning to follow New York's Andrew Cuomo's lead and file suit against Samsung, AU Optronics, Hitachi, LG, Sharp and Toshiba for "engaging in a conspiracy at the highest level to fix prices". While I'm certain this is theoretically possible, the low, low prices of LCD televisions, laptops and MP3 players leads me to think that if they were price-fixing, then they must be the dumbest price-fixers in the world.

Discuss "Florida to Sue LCD Manufacturers for Price Fixing" here. Read the article.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Can't help but here the music for "Twilight Zone" playing thru my head after reading this.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
Yeah, every time I go to the store I can help but notice that LCD TVs are getting more expensive as the result of behind the scene colusion...

Oh wait... That's not at all what I see... My bad...

MapleSyrup

MapleSyrup

Audioholic
While I'm certain this is theoretically possible, the low, low prices of LCD televisions, laptops and MP3 players leads me to think that if they were price-fixing, then they must be the dumbest price-fixers in the world.
Heh. :D

The lawsuit is a civil action to be filed in California federal court
Why am I not surprised?

M

mwere

Audiophyte
Ridiculous

Typical US government. If they don't have something to fight against they "invent" something. Where were these guys when LCD tv prices were through the roof years ago? They just now begin a fight? I recognize that initial prices on all new things are always high but . . .

While I enjoy my system and my Samsung LCD, there are more important things to worry about and take action on.

I recognize that this is an Audio forum so I will keep my politics to myself.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis