Yamaha RX-V467 AV Receiver VIDEO Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Audioholics does a video review of the Yamaha RX-V467 AV receiver. If you want to experience true surround sound you're going to eventually have to step up to a true AV receiver. While you can get by with one of those all-in-one systems or simulated surround like many sound bars and televisions can get you, the real path to surround will involve picking up a dedicated receiver like the Yamaha RX-V467. Now this is a brand new product and it sits in a precarious but strategic position among the entire Yamaha product line.

Discuss "Yamaha RX-V467 AV Receiver Video Review" here. Read the article.

AverageJoe

AverageJoe

Full Audioholic
Very nice features in the receiver, but the new video segment included in the review is AWESOME.

TICA

TICA

Audioholics Accounts Manager
Excellent Video Summary

WOnderful job for the video team from Audioholics. Very natural and informational

J

Jnipz

Audiophyte
More Mid to High End Reviews Please

Would like to more reviews for the Pioneer Elite SC series. It's been quite some time since the last one.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Good job on the video guys. It came across smooth and professional.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
awesome video! hope to see more in the future.

This is something we intend to keep doing. We've got about 10 produced so far and are putting them out fairly regularly with a team dedicated to the task...

A

acacia987

Junior Audioholic
love the videos. Only thing i noticed is i thought the video was aiming at a knowledge base below that of the users here at audioholics. I feel people here are more knowledgeable then what the video was talking to. This way more information can be given in the same amount of time. Just a thought

Andrew

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
love the videos. Only thing i noticed is i thought the video was aiming at a knowledge base below that of the users here at audioholics. I feel people here are more knowledgeable then what the video was talking to. This way more information can be given in the same amount of time. Just a thought

Andrew
I agree with this for the higher end products but for sub $400 receivers I think the target audience is more of an audiophyte than an audioholic.

Patrick_Wolf

Patrick_Wolf

Audioholic
No.

Looks like garbage... the AVR-591 has all that plus an OSD over HDMI (which is awesome btw) and upconverts all analogue video signals to HDMI. It weighs 22.5 lbs vs. 18.5 on the V467 for similar dimensions so it's probably safe to assume the amp section is skimpy.

Last edited:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The video review is excellent because it covers a few topics that are more difficult for consumers to discover on their own. Too many times I've seen a video overview or review of a product from Cnet or Crutchfield that tells the consumer the basic stuff (basically an oral brochure) that would be incredibly easy to find such as output wattage, specifics on connection quantities, and so on.

I think it would be highly interesting and different to add another dimension to these video reviews (at least on higher end products) by including a build quality and internals section, going over the different components that comprise the product that are relevant to the product's performance and what sets it apart from the competition. Since the video is a more relaxed setting it would supplement the written part on build quality and parts compliment. I feel the quality of the video here would convey exactly what someone like me would want to see when taking a close look at components.

33Gerry45

Audiophyte
The vid was so good it made my ears want to bleed to good sound.

A lot of tech info in just a short video is a great way to go. Seeing the back and just stuff like the type of connectors you were using was very useful.

I have read a lot of reviews and as a (don't give up your day job) muso I seek really good sound from an AV so probably looking at nothing short of the Yammy 667 or the 1067 even.

Nevertheless I got a ton out of this short video. A lot of the pros and cons were addressed and damn the manufacturers, as an industry, should support your efforts as they are better than any ads and assist the public (me Joe Public too) to buy without being disappointed at getting the wrong gear for their usage.

You guys just plain ROCK.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis