Audioengine A2 Desktop Speakers

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Small dimensions, a pretty finish, power to spare, and two accommodating inputs, you can be sure Audioengine’s Desktop A2 speaker system will augment your CD player, DVD player, computer, game console, portable music player, or any other product with a mini-jack or RCA output. The A2 is a two-way system with a 2.75†woofer that simply amazes you with the amount of bass it can produce. I am happy with the quality of this product especially when used with my Playstation 2. The 3-year warranty is automatic, and transferable, which means there is no need to register. Recommended!

Discuss "Audioengine A2 Desktop Speakers" here. Read the article.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Nice. I usually recommend these along with the comparable M-Audio/Swans/Behringer monitors to users on computer forums asking for sub $200 speakers.

gliz

gliz

Full Audioholic
2.75 and woofer belong in the same sentice like congress and spending control LOL

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I have the A2 myself and they are in a different universe than the ubiquitous Creative and Logitech "pure crap" plastic speakers, the A2's easily outperform all of these.... at least all that I have heard....

I agree with the treble issue.... but.....

For the price and where space is concerns, these are no brainers, incredible value. and that small woofer is actually able to do some bass work :cool:

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Small dimensions, a pretty finish, power to spare, and two accommodating inputs, you can be sure Audioengine’s Desktop A2 speaker system will augment your CD player, DVD player, computer, game console, portable music player, or any other product with a mini-jack or RCA output. The A2 is a two-way system with a 2.75†woofer that simply amazes you with the amount of bass it can produce. I am happy with the quality of this product especially when used with my Playstation 2. The 3-year warranty is automatic, and transferable, which means there is no need to register. Recommended!

Discuss "Audioengine A2 Desktop Speakers" here. Read the article.
Indeed, very nice value and very appealing for compact speakers. Also, one can reap great rewards by adding a proper active xover to filter bass from these and direct it towards a proper subwoofer - if they want to improve/upgrade sound quality even further with little effort.

-Chris

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
Just came across this thread and am glad to see these speakers still hold their own. I honestly expected that by now there would be more offering similar to them for less or that would try to best them at their own price point.

I've been using mine for just shy of three years now and I'm serious when I say they still continue to impress me. I am about two feet from each of them and have them angled towards me a bit. The laid back treble you noted has never really caught my attention much, they have an overall 'relaxed' sound without really losing much detail which I quite like at my computer. Compared to any other computer speakers system I've heard so far I agree these are still no brainers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis