Fathers Day 2010 Gift Guide

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
This Father's Day it's time to tech your Dad. That's right, you know your dad is still living in the dark ages. He probably asked you within the last year how to transfer his VHS tapes to DVD, or maybe this is the first year he discovered Facebook or how to text on his cell phone. In either case you owe it to your father to give him a gadget that will stretch his horizons and bring him just a little bit closer to 2010. It doesn't have to be a robot with laser beams or a voice activated 3-D holographic digital video recorder, but at least put something into his life that will keep him from embarrassing himself (or you!) at the next family picnic. Better yet, use him as a catalyst to upgrade your whole family!

Discuss "Fathers Day 2010 Gift Guide" here. Read the article.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Can't believe there is a Monster product on the list :eek:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
My dad could not possibly care less about anything on that list. If it has nothing to do with woodwork, or if it's not a book (the real kind, made of paper), he wouldn't be interested in the least. Come to think of it, there ain't much that appeals to me either....Good Lord above! I'm turning into my father!:eek: Sigh....

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Yea, it's more like bunch of gadgets crap mostly under $100... I'm old enough to be father of at least 3, but I don't like anything on the list....
C'mon - It's audioholics - lets make Audioholics specific gift list - like pEQ frrom Behringer, SPL Meter or fixed-frame projection screen :D

p.s: WTF - Pioneer ipoop dock for $450 !!!??? :eek::eek: Even B&W dock is cheaper... :confused::eek::eek:

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Audioholics specific gift list - like pEQ frrom Behringer
Sounds like some of you want a "ME" list, not a Father's Day list! ;)
I'll take a BFD please....:D
There you go Clint - "ME" and gmichael's List :D
and while here, throw in more oil into the fire - MiniDSP (kits start at $99), External HD 1 or 1.5Tb (both around $100) for storing music/movies - there's never enough strorage for these ;)

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Nothing says father day like a trip to to the Apple store for an overpriced iPod Nano, Bose iPod dock for the office and some Beats by Dr. Dre to block out all the nagging from the kids and the wife. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
Decent list but electronics are generally a bit out of hand for Father's Day. I consider Father's Day more of a take dad out for a beer kind of day.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
My baby is too young to go out and get me something, so I'll take care of that for her. Ain't I a great Dadda..?

My dad just isn't into this stuff. As long as I show up to help him callibrate his new 65" plasma, he's a happy camper. To him, surround sound is a distraction. He doesn't even care about stereo.

cwall99

cwall99

Full Audioholic
Decent list but electronics are generally a bit out of hand for Father's Day. I consider Father's Day more of a take dad out for a beer kind of day.
You should be my kid!!! We could go to the local brew pub and knock back a few. Sounds like a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Sigghhhhh.... my boys are under 18. Maybe in four more years.

Other than that... I'd take a Zeppelin-Mini.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
You should be my kid!!! We could go to the local brew pub and knock back a few. Sounds like a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Sigghhhhh.... my boys are under 18. Maybe in four more years.

Other than that... I'd take a Zeppelin-Mini.
I have a seven year old and my dad lives very far away. So, my Father's Day probably won't involve a few beers unless I take my son. Not that he's never seen the inside of a pub, but I think we'll do outdoor stuff weather permitting.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis