Sony PS3 to Bring 3-D Gaming to Consumers this Year

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The 3-D movement has some major issues. For one, there isn't any content, and secondly it's a difficult task to convince consumers that they'll need to shell out around $100 in order for each member of their family to enjoy 3-D with the required shutter glasses. Attempting to address both issues, Sony announced that it would be rolling out three reworked titles from its Playstation 3 store next month - at least in Japan to start. This will correspond to the release of 3-D Bravia televisions and give consumers something with which to try out their new 3-D sets with.

Discuss "Sony PS3 to Bring 3-D Gaming to Consumers this Year" here. Read the article.

AccessGuy

AccessGuy

Audioholic Intern
This implies that the PS3 will have a firmware update to make its HDMI output 1.4a capable.

The 3-D movement has some major issues. For one, there isn't any content, and secondly it's a difficult task to convince consumers that they'll need to shell out around $100 in order for each member of their family to enjoy 3-D with the required shutter glasses. Attempting to address both issues, Sony announced that it would be rolling out three reworked titles from its Playstation 3 store next month - at least in Japan to start. This will correspond to the release of 3-D Bravia televisions and give consumers something with which to try out their new 3-D sets with.

Discuss "Sony PS3 to Bring 3-D Gaming to Consumers this Year" here. Read the article.

dalumberjack

dalumberjack

Audioholic
This implies that the PS3 will have a firmware update to make its HDMI output 1.4a capable.
and yet it can't bitstream HD audio (the phat version). They thought of all of this 3d implementation etc.. during development but left out the small detail of bitstream. I know there really isn't a difference between this and PCM. But, I paid enough for my receiver and I would like to see it light up :D

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
In the article it makes mention of Gears of War 3 which is still an Xbox 360 exclusive unless it was changed to a Multi-Platform.

The firmware update will not meet the spec of HDMI 1.4 it will just allow the PS3 the 3D portion of that spec which HDMI 1.3 is capable of doing within reason, while 1.4 can handle dual images @1080p the 1.3 spec can handle dual images @1080i but the 3D games that will be available will only do dual images @720p to allow for some headroom.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis