Def Tech Mythos XTR-50 Wallspeaker First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Definitive Technologies has released their Mythos XTR-50 Wallspeaker. The XTR-50s are on-wall or on-stand speakers that measure a slim 1.5 inches a their widest point. Designed with the latest flat panels in mind, the XTR-50s come with enough mounting and setup options to fill your changing needs. They have two 3.5" XTDD technology anodized Aluminum dome drivers flanking a center aluminum dome tweeter. There are two additional anodized aluminum dome bass radiators paired with each of the XTDD drivers for additional bass output.

Discuss "Def Tech Mythos XTR-50 Wallspeaker First Look" here. Read the article.

A

allargon

Audioholic General
Nice, but I'd rather investigate on-wall options from EMP and Axiom...

S

smihalik

Audioholic
Look's nice, But I'll stick with my RBH WM-24's. I'm not crossing my sub at 120Hz.

inmypjs

inmypjs

Junior Audioholic
They look nice next to a TV because of their slim design. But you didn't review their sound performance. That's what matters. For $700 I think one would get more bang for their buck with Vienna Acoustics Trio or Webern. Or maybe even a Martin Logan Fresco i which should be going for a lot less nowadays since it has been discontinued. Both the VA and ML have sophisticated elegant designs... the DefTech, not so much except for the slimness of it. Oh I forget that the MLs have the Voyage, Passage and Ticket if you want a slim design going for $1995, $799, and $499 respectively.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis