Prof. Dr. Fritz Sennheiser Dies at 98

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Late during the evening of 17 May 2010, only a few days after his 98th birthday, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Fritz Sennheiser, audio pioneer and founder of today’s Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co. KG, passed away. The audio industry has lost a huge figure, not only in terms of his technical expertise but also in terms of his humanity. Through his company Prof. Dr. Fritz Sennheiser had a crucial influence on the development of sound transmission technologies and was instrumental in forging many ground-breaking developments in electroacoustics and transmission technologies.

Discuss "Prof. Dr. Fritz Sennheiser Dies at 98" here. Read the article.

M

mnnc

Full Audioholic
I clearly remember wanting, asking, and hoping for a pair of 414's. Well, on a chilly December morning I eagerly opened a "gift" and all I saw was big yellow earpads...yes!. That special moment too place thirty years ago. I have had a few more Sennheisers since and recently purchased hd238's for my iPod/iPhone. Sure, pardon the pun, I have listened to other fine 'cans' but always preferred the Sennheisers. The best live performances I have ever seen have involved the artists using Sennheiser mics. Sennheiser products are solely responsible for some of the most memorable moments in my life. Thank you Mr. Sennheiser.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I have a pair of HD600s that kept me sane while I lived in a condo.

R

rlubocki

Audioholic Intern
contributed so much to ear delight.....

He brought lots of delight to this world, and contributed so much and changed the industry. German precision, engineering has always been a cornerstone in everything they did, and Dr. Sennheiser is no exception. Just like good german beer he has evolved a simple flat sounding tin cans to audio perfection. Gained respect in the industry one model after another, leading the wannabe headphone manufacturers. We need people like this to continue a dream of becoming a reality that can be shared with the worlr, making this a more happier place to live!! RIP

J

JonPW

Enthusiast
He'll be missed.

I've owned three pairs of sennheisers and love those cans.

Though ya know we know him mostly for his headphones. He helped develop quite a few hearing aids and humanitarian items too. Hm, he started his company making microphones too if I remember correctly, and made the first wireless mics.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis